Ngoma is an amazing family boat that has provided us with wonderful adventures since we bought her in 1996. Ngoma has looked after us ever since we sailed her from her home in Keyhaven, around Finistère to her new home South of La Rochelle in the mouth of the Charante Estuary.
For the past 15 years Ngoma has been stored ashore in Charante Maritime, with light sailing four weeks per year around the beautiful Atlantic islands of West France.
It is with great sadness we have to say goodbye to Ngoma as we have re-located to the South of France where marina fees are prohibitive.
- Built 1991
- Featherstream 3-blade feathering prop (cost approx £1000)
- Lifting keel overhauled 2009/2010
- Yanmar 2GM20F (fresh water cooled) - new mounts 2018 & new injectors 2018
- 8 year-old ebesbacker airtronic heater- overhauled 2010
- Channon fully-battened main sail with ruggersen compression rollers (approx 2009) – excellent condition (stored other than 3-4 weeks per year)
- Stack-pack & lazy jacks
- Sanders sail 150% Gennoa good condition
- 100% jib - unused
- Storm jib – unused
- Spinnaker pole
- Light-weight spinnaker, very good condition
- Medium-weight spinnaker, very good condition
- Bamar furling system
- New depth instrument
- Tactick wireless Wind Instrument
- Icom DSC VHF & VHF Aerial
- Garmin 172c chart plotter
- AIS radar
- Radio with USB for iPad/iPhone with inside speakers
- Teak cockpit table
- Hot & cold pressurised water - calorifier run from engine (new hot water tank & pump)
- New interior LED lighting
- New Sterling AB12 130 battery charger (not installed).
Kept in ashore in West France for past 15 years other than 4 weeks sailing per year where the weather is much dryer than in the UK and hence much kinder on the boat.