PSSA Flag
The Parker and Seal Sailing Association

Skip Navigation Links
You are here: Skip Navigation LinksHome > Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
David Bamber  
#1 Posted : 24 February 2017 20:56:57(UTC)

Hi folks! we are 'booked in' at Bembridge for Saturday 29 April. HW at the Harbour is at 14.11BST. With a 1.5m draft entry about 2-3 hours either side of HW should be possible. I have Bembridge advised that most people will be arriving at about 15.00 hours. I suggest that we all congregate at the Sea Lady for a 'pontoon party' with a light snack and drinks. (If anyone has a larger vessel that they would like to offer I would be grateful). We make our own arrangements for the reminder of the evening. Local restaurants may be rather busy Saturday night. On Sunday we de-camp for Emsworth. HW at Bembridge is at 14.45BST, so I suggest that we aim to depart no later than noon. Entry into Emsworth Yacht Harbour is over a sill. At Emsworth Yacht Harbour HW is at 15.31BST. Latest time of entry is 1½ hours after high water ie. 17.00BST. Five hours should be sufficient time to cross the Solent! There are several local restaurants and pubs. I would be grateful for any preferences so that I can make advanced bookings. We will probably be allocated the visitors' pontoon. See http://www.emsworth-mari...s/Pdf/Harbour%20Plan.pdf for details. Some yachts may even be allocated their own pontoons! On Bank Holiday Monday the afternoon high water is at 16.26BST – departure is from 15.00BST onwards. Attendees as of Wednesday 26th 20.00hrs: David Bamber Sea Lady Bembridge and Emsworth Mike & Helen Slade Juno Bembridge only Clifford Miller Abacus Bembridge only John Clark Nosey Bembridge & Emsworth Hilary Martin by road Bembridge Graham Ebb Betty Blue Bembridge and Emsworth (Home port) Julie Stanley Shockwave Bembridge only Tim & Margaret Reeder Speedwell Bembridge and Emsworth Richard & Gillianne Sills Delphine Bembridge and Emsworth Mike Lockwood Lucky Devil Bembridge and Emsworth Paul Bowman Gemini Bembridge and Emsworth (Home port) Adrian & Pam Lumb Ariana Bembridge only. I have asked for two spare place to be made available at Emsworth because a couple of people were not sure whther they are able to come or not. Anyone else wishing to reserve a berth at Bembridge should contact the harbour directly. I will be departing on the early high tide on the Monday, sitting it out until low water on a waiting pontoon in the harbour, and leaving to go east to Littlehampton. David Bamber Sea Lady

Edited by user 26 April 2017 19:52:47(UTC)  | Reason: Update to 26 April 20.00hrs

David Bamber