Parker 21 (sail number 67), (built 1992)
We are selling our much-loved Parker 21 ("Saffie") as a result of our wish to move up to a larger boat. We have owned her for 10 years and enjoyed some fantastic day sailing and weekend trips over that time.
For those not familiar with the boat, this is a well-designed GRP trailer sailer with a lifting keel. The trailer means that storage and transport are straightforward and economical. The lifting keel reduces the draft from 1.4 to just 0.26 metres to take advantage of drying moorings and to reach waters not accessible to fixed keel boats. Although only 21 foot long, there are 3 berths (or 4 at a push). She handles like a dream under sail and also has a 4hp outboard in a well in the cockpit. A unique feature of this yacht is the teak decking. She is believed to be the only Parker 21 with this addition.
Included with the sale is the original braked trailer. This is an easy boat to trail and launch but we have avoided immersing the trailer and have always kept the boat on the trailer in the winter and had her launched by crane.
She is currently ashore in Portsmouth. Early viewing recommended.
We would consider part exchange for a Parker 275.
- Aluminium mast and boom (fractional rig)
- standing rigging (replaced 2020)
- spinnaker pole and block/tackle for raising mast
- Mainsail and cover (cover new 2019) with lazy jacks
- Roller reefed Genoa
- Cruising chute
- Self-tailing winches for jib sheets
- 2 further self-tailing winches on the coach roof for halyards and keel
- Teak decking
- Aluminium toe rail with stainless steel stanchions
- Bulkhead Plastimo steering compass
- Stainless steel boarding ladder
- 4 original Parker fenders
- Anchor with chain and 30 m anchor rope (rope replaced 2021)
- Bilge pump
- Life buoy, mooring lines and many extras
- Mercury 4 hp (full service 2021) with electrical charging for battery and separate fuel tank
- WavEco 2.3 m (new 2018) with oars and stern plate for outboard engine
- Solar panel – 50W (new 2020)
- 12 V battery
- NASA speed/depth instruments (paddlewheel log)
- DSC radio
- Sidelining replaced throughout (2015)
- 3/4 berths
- Porta Potti
- Single ring camping gaz cooker
- Fire extinguisher
- Owner’s manual
- Single axle braked road trailer with cradle to offer extra support– (full service 2017)
- length 21 ft
- Beam 8 ft 2”
- Draft 10” to 3ft 9”