Geoff Harwood
2007-02-26T10:40:16Z
There has always been a bit of a puzzle going at least since I started being Memb Sec and that concerns the apparant total lack of correlation between the Hull number drilled into the inside of the transom and the sail number.

There have been several cases of two boats having the same sail number and I suppose that if the hull numbers are really the production order then they would be a more reliable identifier.

I'd like to do a survey to see if there is any correlation and to that end I'd like you to let me know what the numbers are on your boat. Rather than clutter up this forum with 100 posts, please send me an email and I'll post the results in a few weeks time.

Then I'll tackle the same problem with 28s and Super Seals!

peter lowry
2007-02-26T16:51:07Z
Hi Geoff

Interesting one this !

I recall when my Dad bought Seal 22 * 7 which at the time was about 3 years old, he made contact with a few other seal 22 owners time and one such problem arose,

He contacted John Baker with this question and was told that hull were being manufactured in quick succession over a short period and once sold sails were placed on the boat but not necessarily with the same matching hull /sail number

My 22 "Snafu too" had hull number 176 and 271 on the spinnaker and 271 on an original old main but nothing on a the newer one when i bought her

I suspect there is a lot of 22 with this .

(I kept it as 271 as it was a later number !