peter lowry
2012-03-28T10:47:11Z
SAT 21ST APRIL 2012
Ken Surplice has kindly offered to step in to oversee this rally one for me as i shall be away

Details as follows :

Folly Inn on the Medina River dinner booked for 1830hrs

We are booked on the mid stream pontoons please arrive anytime after 1300hrs as instructed bu the harbour master bring your tender if you feel energetic or there is a river taxi service to the shore

Please call up on channel 80 and say you are part of the
quote:
SEAL RALLY
The Folly mooring master will direct you to our berthing area.

Please can you let Ken Know by the 12 April your intentions to attend so as to let the restaurant and mooring guys know how many to expect

I have booked 12 to 15 for the restaurant and currently 6 to 8 boats

we can accommodate more
Just let ken know

cheers

on Behalf of
KEN SURPLICE
e-mail -- ken.surplice@gmail.com
or phone --01256476331
Ken Surplice
2012-04-13T19:59:49Z
Hello Folks,
Not long to go before the rally which is now next weekend as I write. Thanks to those that expressed interest already, whether joining by boat or by car. All that remains is to
a) capture the final numbers for our table reservation. Do let me know if you have not contacted me already.
b) change the parking instructions slightly. Please call 'Folly Launch' on VHF Ch 72 as you pass River Medina porthand marker number 10 to announce your arrival and to be given berthing instructions
c) mention that the long range weather forecast (ECMWF) is looking, er, 'interesting' for next weekend so I will be keeping a close eye on the weather
Cheers!
Ken

Ken Surplice
Commodore
Ken
Ken Surplice
2012-04-18T21:25:12Z
Hello Seals,

Here we are on Wednesday night before the Saturday rally. The weather has been quite changeable and the current forecast for the weekend now shows reasonable winds for Saturday and perhaps a stiff breeze for Sunday. Whatever the wind does, it looks like rain. This probably explains why we have two crews from the IOW signed up for dinner and just one visiting yacht planning to join. In the circumstances this is all very reasonable. Given this state of play, I am cancelling the rally. Or rather, I am postponing the rally. We may be able to make it the following weekend. Look for an announcement here next week.

** FOLLY RALLY THIS WEEKEND IS CANCELLED **

Cheers-Ken

Ken Surplice
Commodore
Ken