mick c
2013-08-08T19:10:17Z
just wondering if any one that keeps there boat on lough derg in ireland would have any info about keeping a boat there (launching/retrieving/ cost can you put a mooring block down and how safe is it to leave a boat there)i also have a repair and parts manual for a yanmar yse 12/8 if any one wants them let me know and i will post them free thanks mick
sleemana
2013-08-26T20:42:07Z
I don't keep my boat on L Derg, but I investigated having it there a while ago. Moorings are very difficult to get and I would think only be available through one of the yacht clubs. There is a private marina at Dromineer which I was told would cost about €1500 pa, cheap by E coast standards, if there are any vacancies - they have lots of space for out of water storage. Launching and retrieval is easy, as most places have a free public slip. However, you can only moor at the various harbours for 3 days at a time. L Derg yacht club has a waiting list for moorings as far as I know but they have lots of space behind the clubhouse so you could possibly launch and retrieve each time. I hope this is some help

Andy Sleeman
P235 Galatea
sleemana
2013-08-26T20:43:32Z
I don't keep my boat on L Derg, but I investigated having it there a while ago. Moorings are very difficult to get and I would think only be available through one of the yacht clubs. There is a private marina at Dromineer which I was told would cost about €1500 pa, cheap by E coast standards, if there are any vacancies - they have lots of space for out of water storage. Launching and retrieval is easy, as most places have a free public slip. However, you can only moor at the various harbours for 3 days at a time. L Derg yacht club has a waiting list for moorings as far as I know but they have lots of space behind the clubhouse so you could possibly launch and retrieve each time. I hope this is some help

Andy Sleeman
P235 Galatea
mick c
2013-08-26T21:14:37Z
hi Andy i have been in contact with LDYC and hope to go there at the weekend so i will see how what the set up is . thanks for the help regards Mick