Stuart Tucker
2016-10-18T12:42:02Z
Hi all,

Help! I am progressing on new replacement sails and have been thinking about the Parker logos for the new Main sail?

Rooting around the forum, I discovered an old logo message from Don Harvey (from 10 years ago) talking about where to purchase our logos from (Parker & Kay Sailmakers - East) now a global outfit called Onesails. I have purchased my sails from an alternative.

Is there anything written anywhere for the Parker and Seals Sailing Association on the correct layout, format, PSSA boat logos, especially the seal, sizes etc. etc. for the main sail logos on our boats - Any advice? - need this information quick!!!

Really, now Parkers are no longer being built. Is this something we as the PSSA should ideally take ownership of?

Best Regards and any thoughts are welcome - also main sail pictures which I could perhaps copy from?

Stuart

Pegasus, 325/37

philip linsell
2016-10-19T19:18:13Z
Hi Stuart

I have 2 mainsails which I purchased second hand, neither of which had seals on.

The logos and numbers are fitted with self adhesive material. I obtained some from a local sailmaker, cut to shape and stuck on, simple.

If you don't have the logo the shape is easily taken off another sail, if you're stuck I can take it off mine and send to you.

As one of mine was for a sail for racing I slightly modified the shape, making the body a bit thinner and the head a bit lower.

It's your boat, do what you want!

Philip

rascal superseal 50

Stuart Tucker
2016-10-20T12:35:51Z
Hi Philip,

Thanks for the quick response. Yes please if I could borrow the "seal" I could do a tracing of it for the loft. Worst case, yes, I can get hold of the self adhesive material in the correct colour. I'll send you an email.

All, if there is any 335 owner with pictures of their main sail which Bill Parker supplied with the seal, 335 logo and their hull number I would be most grateful to have a copy? In the Forum gallery there is a picture of 335 no 44 from 2011 (Lady J en-route to Weymouth) but the sail marking is very faint. A bit more clarity would assist with positioning and scaling for my 325.

Cheers, Stuart

Pegasus 325/37

MrT
2016-10-23T15:36:36Z
I went round the boat show asking about a new main for my Seal 22 and all the people I spoke to seemed to have the seal logo already in their databases. Including Hyde Sails who I eventually chose to buy from. No need for me to trace it or supply it for them.

Alistair

Stuart Tucker
2016-10-23T15:44:48Z
Hi Alistair,

Thank you for this. That is very useful to know - I have a good relationship with Hyde. They were most likely to be my second choice. Hyde build their sails in the Philipines if you are thinking of placing an order with them! I'll check to see if they have the 325 logo also.

Best Regards,

Stuart

Sandwort
2016-10-26T07:04:00Z
Hi All,

We had a new mainsail from John Parker a couple of years ago and it came complete with sail number and seal logo. So he should have access to the seal somewhere!

Regards,

Anne and Dennis Kell

Redshank 275/19

Stuart Tucker
2016-10-26T14:23:20Z
Hi Anne and Dennis,

Thank you for your help. Have not heard from Onesails yet. However, I'm estimating that the Parker 325 numerals need to be about 15ins tall? If you have your sail close at hand that would be helpful to know? The seal logo should be about a foot tall? I heard today that Hyde Sails have transferred their templates to their loft in the Philipines.

Best Regards and thanks,

Stuart

Sandwort
2016-10-28T12:21:14Z
Hi Stuart,

Sorry! We have just rolled up and stored the sail for winter. The sizes sound about right but without measuring I'm not sure.

Regards,

Anne and Dennis

Stuart Tucker
2016-10-28T12:46:57Z
Hi Anne and Dennis,

Thank you - I'm almost sorted now. I hope to be able to write an updated post on this subject soon.

Best Regards,

Stuart