Martin Watson
2018-08-06T07:34:10Z
It's Fast approaching the August Bank Holiday rally to Chichester and originally Bembridge on the beach. Unfortunately Bembridge Yacht Club have moved their line of moorings for their Redwings much closer to the beach and as such, it is now no longer practical to attempt to go up on the beach there. I have chosen Priory Bay as an alternative so long as the wind is SW or there abouts, it should be well protected and if we pull our boats up the beach around 2~3 hours after high water we should be safe from waves caused by passing ships.

Saturday Chichester HW 1151. I would suggest arriving 1400~1500 and beaching, this will allow you to get off in the morning any time from 0930 on Sunday if you want to have a little sail around the harbour before setting off for Priory Bay.

Sunday Chichester HW 1225 Leave Chichester around HW and sail in company to Priory Bay (approx 2hours)

Drinks at 1800 on the beaches on both days provided by FRITH followed by your own BBQs.

Hope you can make it and the weather holds!

email me if you hope to join in at martinkwatson@yahoo.co.uk or mobile 07711185124

Martin Watson
peter lowry
2018-08-14T08:33:07Z
Hi Martin

Yes please for this one

Sophia signing up for with 2 on board

East head always a great place to go

I will post on seal whats app page to see if we can get interest going,

Peter

peter lowry
2018-08-14T13:26:34Z
FRITH , SOPHIA , LESA , AND ZEPHYR , HAVE SIGNED UP

LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING MORE OF YOU

MARTIN AND PETER

Martin Watson
2018-08-17T09:34:06Z
Hi all

We now have five boats signed up so far, they are Frith, Sophia, Lesa, Zephyr and Delphine. The long-range weather forecast is showing light winds but unfortunately, it's is possible they will be northerly which would be a problem so we will have to keep an eye on it as we get closer. In the meantime, I have scouted Priory Bay by foot and so long as we keep to the western end, we will avoid any small boulders on the sea bed. I was able to motor in to within two boat lengths of the beach in 1 metre of water at 3 hours before high water yesterday and another half an hour would have given plenty of water. although it is not shown on our chart plotters, the bay actually has a hook-like form with a sandbar parallel to the shore with a gap at the northwestern end which I used to enter and exit. Unless you are arriving or departing within 1~2 hours of high water, I would urge you all to use the northwestern end to enter and depart. I managed to take a picture on the shore, of a signpost which clearly shows the arrangement, unfortunately, it does not seem to want to download onto the PSSA website so I will send it as a separate email to all participants.

Martin Watson
stephen roy
2018-08-17T20:01:25Z
Hi Martin

Count us in on this Rally.

Penlu

Stephen & Julie

barry.tiernan
2018-08-22T16:52:54Z
Hi Martin

Sulito will be in Bembridge Sunday night (Duver)

Will meet you all on the beach for bbq

What time

Barry & Orla Tiernan

peter lowry
2018-08-23T10:18:42Z
Hi,

Not sure what time yet but i have ur mobile ending ....3922.

if this is correct then i will contact you on sunday and let you have the details

if not pls text me your new number

cheer

Peter Lowry

barry.tiernan
2018-08-23T18:26:13Z
Hi Peter

New mobile

Barry