stevedrew
2019-07-28T19:26:13Z
We are looking forward to seeing lots of you at Timbrell’s Quay on 17th August. We are trying something a bit different this year, high water is much earlier than usual (Portsmouth 13.45), the rally has been on an early evening tide for as long as we can remember. This gives us longer at the quay as we shall be there for an extra tide. So we can arrive for lunch, then with boats all safely parked perhaps go for a stroll along the river path and have drinks on the quay under way at 5.00pm. Drinks gradually turn into a barbeque, and then maybe a nightcap in the Montagu Arms with the comforting thought that it’s not an early start in the morning. On Sunday the morning is yours before heading off after lunch.

Please let us know if you are intending to come, and if you haven’t been to this rally before and you would like some more information please contact us.

Steve & Di Drew Tara 26/105
Email : steveanddidrew@gmail.com
Phone: 01202 623971 Mobile: 07913 065970

Chris Cooper
2019-07-29T10:54:08Z
Jans Express is hoping to come to Beaulieu. Just Chris by boat Ros may come by car/cycle for the evening.
stevedrew
2019-08-11T14:53:29Z
So far we now have coming, maybe, with or without an actual boat:

Blackjack
Elsa
Jans Express
Nauti
Nondikass
Nosey
Penlu
Selah
Sophia
Tillikum
Tara
Windward

The weather doesn't look like it's going to be very cooperative, but it is very sheltered at the quay and we are planning to have a gazebo on standby to keep you dry, and of course there's a pub just round the corner.

Steve and Di
Martin Watson
2019-08-11T19:26:42Z
Hi Steve and Di, will try to make it but I have a full schedule for the following eight days including a two day Round the Island rally that I am hosting for the DQSC starting on Tuesday, followed by an all day safety boat duty on Friday for the Chichester Harbour Race week, so need to conserve my energy! also, Audi still not back from major gearbox issues and my little MG is complaining about the amount of use she's getting! (wheel bearings and shock absorbers are likely due in short order and had to change the engine mounts last week)
Martin Watson
peter lowry
2019-08-11T19:53:21Z
SOPHIA will be there on Sunday morning for breakfast
sorry only by road as we have an prior committment on Saturday

Vol Au Vent has confirmed they will be there and will sail back with her to Hamble

cheers
see you then

Peter
stevedrew
2019-08-15T19:59:31Z
Our latest information is that we may have coming:
Ariana (car)
Elsa
Frith
Jans Express
Lesa
Magus (car)
Nauti (car)
Nondikas
Nosey
Penlu (car)
Selah
Sophia (car)
Speedwell (car)
Tillikum
Tara
Zephyr (car)
A large contingent coming by car due to the weather conditions and others wavering, but Tara will definitely be there so we can still call it a rally!
Tara will be there from about 12.00 and those arriving by car are welcome to join us any time after that as it looks like the best of the sunshine will be earlier in the day. You can help us put the gazebo up!
Keep an eye on the forum for more updates
Steve and Di
stevedrew
2019-08-16T19:23:04Z
Can it really be? The weather is looking much better for the weekend!
Some late additions:
Kalandia
Ruby Star (car)
Shockwave
Apologies to:
Blackjack who I had on the original list and doubted. They are now in Poole Harbour poised ready for an early start in the morning.
Vol au Vent who was coming all the time but somehow got missed off the list.
Steve