Stuart Tucker
2020-10-07T13:34:41Z
Parker 325 no 37 was built May 1998. The opening cabin port light seals are getting tired and beginning to drip. The acrylic windows also crazed.

Been in touch with Houdini Marine and whom originally sold these to Bill Parker, they have identified them as Moonlight 81 series, opening cabin light and the seal as part number - XO 22123.

Houdini have recommended www.sealsplusdirect.co.uk  for a replacement seal, but having searched I cannot locate a new seal with a similar profile. Houdini have also suggested that they can make a fixed window version, but over the galley, it's really needed as an opening!

Unfortunately, the Series 81 is no longer manufactured or supported by Moonlight. Whilst it's possible to get new acrylic window panes made, the seal seems impossible to source. In addition, none of the new Moonlight Series windows and frames seem to fit the old holes!

Suspect that this type of window may have been used by Bill used across the Parker range from 235, 275, 285 and also the 31, as well as the 325 and possibly some earlier 335's.

Has anyone come across this problem and what did you do?! If not, any thoughts?

Cheers, Stuart

Pegasus P325/37
Doug Rivers
2020-10-08T13:51:49Z
Hi Stuart

Not quite helpful but Suffolk Yacht Harbour sorted the galley port light out for me last year, new seals and acrylic. They’ve also arranged for resealed saloon windows in the past. You could give Josh Major a call at SYH and ask where they sent them. Another route would be to call Eagle Windows, I will be sending my forehatch to them as the acrylic has popped out the frame, I’ve not dealt with them before but helpful on the phone.
DickG
2020-10-27T19:58:50Z
Are these the port lights with a hinge at the top, and two levers that wedge the bottom in against the seal? If so, they are similar to the quarter berth port lights on my 275. I ran into the same problem, Houdini only had about 6 inches of the right sort of seal left. I ended up using a rectangular foam neoprene seal from seals direct. It had an adhesive tape on one surface, and I superglued the cut ends together [I put the join at the top of the frame]. They have worked fine for the last 3 seasons.
Dick
Dark Star P275 No 36
barry.tiernan
2020-12-15T09:38:56Z
Hi Stuart

I have just started having the same problem with the aft cabin s'board light, leaky seal and puddles of water on cabin floor, now boat is on the hard

Did you manage to sort out your problem?

Regards

Barry Tiernan
Sulito 39