Phill
  • Phill
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2023-05-30T08:26:51Z
I have added some details of the PSSA North Norfolk rally to the calendar and attached the same details here.

Unfortunately I will be unable to attend my own rally 😒 but am hoping to appoint a deputy to take care of the rally over the weekend.

The event was a huge success last year, this year we are planning to visit Blakeney Harbour which promises to be a treat.

If you are planning to visit from further afield please don't feel restricted by the dates of the rally, there are lots of great places to moor or anchor and North Norfolk is beautiful.

Phill

PSSA Rally June July 2023.docx (60kb) downloaded 19 time(s).

Turnstone
2023-06-12T18:26:08Z
Dear Everyone,

Phill is now out of the country. However, he is keeping an eye on the first part of our 50th Anniversary Rally from afar.

He has now set up a WhatsApp Group for the Rally and has provided an alternative choice of destination for Day 1 in Wells-next the Sea. This would certainly be easier for boats coming around from Lowestoft.

He has provided an update to the Rally details and version 2 is attached.

Best wishes to all,

Anne and Dennis  PSSA Rally June July 2023v2.docx (59kb) downloaded 15 time(s).

Anne & Dennis Kell Arenaria 325/21
Martin Watson
2023-06-25T11:23:24Z
Hi Anne and Dennis

I am coming down from the north on my round Britain solo sail and it looks as though I may be going in to Wells around the weekend of the rally. I would appreciate any guidance as I am not familiar with this part of the world and there appears to be a real dirth of places to overnight from Grimsby down to Gt Yarmouth! Also my charts (Admiralty Leisure) don't seem to be as helpful as Imray Charts for small boat information. If may give you a call (I have your details in the handbook) I would be grateful. I am presently in Whitby, going down to Scarbororough this afternoon when the wind and tide become favourable.

Martin Watson - P27 - Frith ( I am on AIS tracker Marinetraffic )

Martin Watson
johniow
2023-06-25T16:47:55Z
Hello Martin, that's really good progress. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Fair winds, and may the tide serve, John

Nosey - Parker 325-26
Phill
  • Phill
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2023-06-26T05:56:34Z
Hi Martin,

Wells is not difficult to enter so long as the wind hasn't been blowing hard from the north. Their website is very good, its best to ring and let them know you're coming. Entry is about HW +/- 2 hours. I'm away at the moment but email me if you need any more details. If you send a mobile number I'll add you to the rally WhatsApp group.

Phill

Martin Watson
2023-06-26T15:13:11Z
Thanks Phill, I've responded to your email and also sent a txt to your mobile.
Martin Watson
Turnstone
2023-06-26T21:39:04Z
Good progress Martin. By all means give us a ring - use Den's mobile number as we are down to the boat tomorrow to get ready for our sail north to Lowestoft on Wednesday, then on to Wells on Thursday or Friday, winds permitting. It would be great to see you on the rally. Entrance to Wells is straightforward as long as we don't have a northerly. Details in Phill's instructions on the website.

Anne and Dennis

Anne & Dennis Kell Arenaria 325/21