John Elliott
2008-02-11T10:30:37Z
This last weekend fully justified the decision to keep Cascada in the water to take advantage of the odd fine weekend which came along.

Sustained by layer upon layer of finest products from Patagonia, Berghaus,Altura,and Musto we fought the formidable windchill and had a great time.

Apart from the Arctic temperatures overnight (I think we put on more clothes to go to bed than we wore during the day) it was magical!

Saturday we tried out our new Blade jib, and Sunday we ended up gently sailing/drifting back to the Tidemill in no more than 3 or 4 knots breeze.

With the river and moorings empty of boats ( we only saw one on Saturday and four on Sunday)there was so much space. Hundreds of Brent Geese feeding on the mud, plus white Egrets, and the usual suspects-herons,oystercatchers,whimbrel, etc, etc.

Magical!

275/30 "Cascada"

275/30 "Cascada"
John Williams
2008-02-12T10:42:52Z
Sounds fantastic, hopefully Crystal will be back in the water this week. I've fitted my new rigging and the mast is mast up. Still waiting for my new sails and sprayhood but that can be sorted out on the water. Looking forward to the year ahead. [:)]

John Williams

275/60 CRYSTAL

John Williams

GWENLLI

Beneteau 323