John Williams
2008-02-25T20:30:18Z
I have just received my sails from Hydes and they have the 275 number in red and no seal logo. My boat is blue and I obviously wanted blue numbers and a seal logo. Hydes said they checked with Parker and they do not want the seal logo on the Parker yacht sails. Is this true as I thought the opposite was true as of Feb last year.

John Williams
275/60 CRYSTAL
John Williams
GWENLLI
Beneteau 323
PaulBurton
2008-02-25T20:45:03Z
If you want a Seal on your new sails then that's up to you, nothing to do with Parkers.... you could have anything on them if you wanted...

Were you quoted to have a logo on your sail ??? did you ask to have a logo on or just presume they would put one on.

Paul Burton.

Parker 235/ 40 Lady Penelope...

Paul Burton.

Wayfarer no.9362
Don Harvey
2008-02-25T21:01:22Z
John

I don't know who you spoke to at Hydes but they specifically asked me for the Seal logo. The comment about Parkers not wanting it is untrue.

In the Association News (from the home page) you will see the following:

Along with the revised name of the Association to Parker & Seal Sailing Association, Parkers have reinstated the seal logo, as the company logo, on their lift-keel yachts - as was the case some years ago.

UserPostedImage

- my boat on which I fitted the logos after I had purchased it.

Boats leaving the yard now have this logo fitted.

Any owner who would like to fit the seal logos to their mainsail can obtain them from Parker & Kay Sailmakers (East), tel 01473 659878 or e-mail jparker@quantumsails.com.

Colour options are black, blue or red.

The price for a pair of seal logos is £10 which includes VAT and P&P.

Regards
Don Harvey
Web Master

Regards
Don Harvey
John Williams
2008-02-25T21:01:54Z
Hi Paul

They are correcting their mistake right now as I was quite specific in my requirements. All numbers and seal logo to be blue. It's the reason they gave for not doing it was what I was curious about when I specifically asked for it. The sails are made in the Philippines so there seems to be a bit of a disconnect in what you ask for and what you get.

John Williams
275/60 CRYSTAL
John Williams
GWENLLI
Beneteau 323
John Williams
2008-02-25T21:10:00Z
Thanks for that Don. I hoped that was still the case as I was quite annoyed that the seal was not on my new sails.

John Williams
275/60 CRYSTAL
John Williams
GWENLLI
Beneteau 323