David Parsons
2004-11-17T16:40:00Z
I have the standard two bladed prop. on my 335 and find quite a delay in picking up speed and steerage astern. I expect that this could be improved by the use of an alternative prop - be it three bladed or folding. Does anyone have any information / experience of alternative props?

David Parsons
David Parsons
David Parsons
Ken Surplice
2004-11-17T16:41:00Z
http://www.kiwiprops.co.nz/ . I'd love one but alas they are for 15HP engines and up, not my l'il'ol 9HP 😞. Cheers-Ken
Ken Surplice
Ken
Mike Edwards
2004-11-17T16:41:00Z
on page 10 of this message board there was a long discussion about pros and cons of 2 blade v 3 blade props. I changed my prop to a 3 blade and found it much superior.
Mike Edwards
Mike Edwards
Seal 28 "Aztec"
Don Harvey
2004-11-17T16:42:00Z
David

I own a Parker 325 Calypso - see the members pictures on the SSA web site.

I had previously owned a Parker 275 to which I fitted a folding prop - never again. Though it was fine nib forward gear and when folded it was pathetic in reverse.

On acquiring Calypso last August I replaced the two bladed fixed with a three bladed feathing prop. Expensive but absolutely superb. The angle of the blades are set to be the ideal angle in forward and reverse, so in reverse are better than a fixed prop.

http://www.cjrprop.com  If you are going to the Southampton Boat Show they will be there.

Regards

Don Harvey

Don Harvey
Regards
Don Harvey
Tim Reeder
I went to the Boat Show on Saturday. I looked at feathering 3 blade props for my 275 - all very expensive except one for £700 from Darglow (props4yachts.com)in Wareham, made in UK, which looks quite promising. Has anyone come across these? Also my boat is kept in a mud berth so would there be any problems with the feathering mechanism?

Views welcome.
Tim Reeder
David Parsons
Don,

Many thanks for the useful advice.
I have dropped them an email as I would like to find out some more details etc. before going ahead but as you suggest this does sound like quite an improvement.
Do you have the 27HP engine in your 325?

Regards
David
David Parsons
David Parsons
Don Harvey
2004-11-17T16:43:00Z
David

Sorry for the delay in responding. I have an 18 HP Yanmar.

Don
Don Harvey
Regards
Don Harvey
Don Harvey
2005-11-26T17:12:00Z
Further to my message about having a CJR prop. I am taking this prop off and replacing it with a Maxi Prop. Anyonw wishing further information can contact me directly.
Don Harvey
Regards
Don Harvey
Don Harvey
2006-03-28T16:12:00Z
David

I have changed my CJR feathering prop to a Max-Prop from Darglow. Much improvement and no longer have cavitation problems.

In answer to your question, my boat has a 19HP engine.

Regards

Don
Don Harvey
Regards
Don Harvey
David Parsons
2006-11-03T09:43:00Z
Don,

As you can see I do not look at the Forum too often so just picked up your message re the Max prop!

This was the one that I went for and the results have been superb in comparison to my old two bladed prop.

David
David Parsons
David Parsons