Phil L
2005-04-01T22:05:00Z
Over the past couple of weekends I've risked a few nights aboard Pindara (without use of a heater) to see her safely beached on soft golden sand just down river.

This was really to enable scrub-off of some weed on the copperbot and also check the cutless bearing.

It was definitely chilly overnight, but once sun was up it was positively balmy at times.

Its just a pity I couldn't convince the rest of the family to join me - but at least it was peaceful, apart from bemused walkers seeing a yacht right up the beach and no sign of a keel!

Here's hope of a brighter summer than last year.

Phil

Phil Longhurst

2005-04-02T22:21:00Z
Did you not do the midnight dance around your boat, wearing a grass skirt and brandishing a boat hook Phil?

Dave Ayres

Phil
2005-04-04T22:31:00Z
Well, no grass skirt, but around midnight I did wade ashore to reposition the kedge (after checking depth with said boathook) to keep the stern nicely onto the beach. It was very refreshing and made the sleeping bag seem even warmer by comparison.

My other half doesn't know what she's missing - or perhaps she does?

I was planning a few days out later this week, but she says cool (the weather, not demeanour)/wintry showers! There's always an excuse.

Phil

Phil

Phil

Seal 22 "Sealark" Sail No 54

2005-04-05T21:34:00Z
Yep.....Like my missus looks like she has been watching the weather forecast too Phil! I also received a weather warning that it could snow the weekend!

Dave Ayres

Phil L
2005-04-06T22:23:00Z
Thanks for the warning Dave,

I'd booked the next few days as holiday to perhaps have a chance of a long weekend cruise - foiled again. I know its early in the year and I should be more patient, but last Summer never really happened and I don't want to miss this one. Now its going to snow - I'm cancelling my leave and save it for later I think, or perhaps go shopping for a warmer sleeping bag!

Phil Longhurst

frank_marsden
2005-04-13T07:38:00Z
We find that a fleece bag inside the normal bag is ok for down to about freezing

Frank Marsden