Mike Ingle
2005-04-26T09:13:00Z
Help! I've lost my rudder. Does anyone have an old one they want to sell, or failing that drawings for manufacture. Boat No is 128.

Regards Mike

Mike Ingle

Mike Ingle
2005-04-27T08:33:00Z
The rudder has been located in the harbour. All we have to do is mount a recovery operation.

Mike

Mike Ingle

Geoff Harwood
2005-04-27T19:43:00Z
Bill Parker would be willing to sell you a 21 rudder. John Fennel 22/318 and Brian Teather S/289 have both successfully gone down that route being fed up with having a cwt of boiler plate dragging the stern down. Mods are required to the stock to fit the Parker wooden rudder or to the pintles to take Bill's stock. It'll cost you though - but that's yottin'!

Geoff

Geoff Harwood

Geoff Harwood
2005-04-27T19:52:00Z
I you do manage to fish it out, could you please draw round it on a sheet of brown paper or whatever and let me have it in my capacity as technical librarian. You're not the first to have needed to know what shape it is! When you put it back, do get it the right way round. It looks wrong at first sight but most of the area is ahead of the pivot bolt so that the downhaul pulls the leading edge up under the pintles. Other way round will give you a very heavy helm.

Geoff

Geoff Harwood

Geoff Harwood
2005-04-27T20:04:00Z
I you do manage to fish it out, could you please draw round it on a sheet of brown paper or whatever and let me have it in my capacity as technical librarian. You're not the first to have needed to know what shape it is! When you put it back, do get it the right way round. It looks wrong at first sight but most of the area is ahead of the pivot bolt so that the downhaul pulls the leading edge up under the pintles. Other way round will give you a very heavy helm.

Geoff

Geoff Harwood

Mike Ingle
2005-04-29T20:42:00Z
Thanks Geoff. Once we have recovered it I'll let you have all the details.

Regards Mike

Mike Ingle