Gerold Wallenstein
2010-04-07T17:11:53Z
Has anybody removed the oil-sump which is laminated to the bilge?

I would like to cut it out and fix it with some screws to be able to take it away if necessary, for instance to make bilge cleaning easier or to get access to the keel bolts.

Who knows if it would be removable through the narrow space below the fly wheel (BUKH DV 20) and the ground rib?

Gerold

Gerold

Gerold
Gerold Wallenstein
2010-04-13T17:52:03Z
to avoid misunderstandings:

Of course it´s not the oil sump that is part of the engine.

In Bumblebee there´s a trough laminated below the engine to catch leaking oil or water. Perhaps this was not standard in all boats?

Gerold

Gerold
Mike Edwards
2010-04-13T20:40:57Z
Gerold

I have a tray made of aluminium it fits under the engine and is screwed to the floor support just above where the steps stand.

I am sorry I cant help with what you describe.

I can take a photo of my oil tray in situ if you wish.

Mike Edwards

Seal 28 "Aztec"

Mike Edwards

Seal 28 "Aztec"

Gerold Wallenstein
2010-04-14T11:04:18Z
Thank you Mike,

I supposed already that my version is an individual construction although it looks very professional. As it is quite deep and long (covering almost the whole length of the bilge) I guess I would never be able to remove it if I have to work under the engine.

Second point is I cannot see where the deepest point of the bilge really is and I would like to place the hose of the bilge pump exactly there. At the moment it is led down quite close to the fly wheel on port side. I think it should be more sternwards and a smaller aluminium tray like yours would be more useful.

So maybe a photo of your solution could be helpful (wallenstein-at-itme.de).

Gerold

Gerold