GeoffTurner
2010-07-13T15:03:09Z
At the suggestion of our esteemed Commodore, I've been looking into ways we can share photos - the idea being that after an event we can upload our photos and all see them. I'll still try to include the best ones on the main website, but I have to be selective!

I've looked at Flickr  from Yahoo, Picasa Web Albums  from Google, and Photobucket , and Flickr seems to best do what I'm looking for.

With Flickr, I'd set up a Public (Invite Only) group - anyone can view it, only members can upload to it. We'd each need our own Flickr (or Yahoo) account/id (free); upload photos to that, then share them with the group. There's an upload limit of 100Mb/month/person.

Does this seem a good idea, or is there a better way/website?

Geoff

Parker 21 / 18 Dawn
GeoffTurner
2010-07-16T08:28:09Z
OK, I've now set up a group on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/groups/parkerseal/ 

It's an Invite Only group, which means that although anyone can view the photos, only members can submit them.

So if you'd like to contribute some photos, this is how to do it:

• Create a (free) account with Flickr . You will need a Yahoo ID to do this, which can be created at the same time
  • Set up a Screen name - which can be changed at any time. I've used "Geoff Turner (Dawn)"
  • Ask to join the ParkerSeal group - I will try to approve it quickly!
  • Upload at least 5 photos and make sure they're set to Public
  • use Send to Group for the best ones. (They don't show if you've uploaded less than 5 and may take a few hours to appear).

Geoff

Parker 21 / 18 Dawn
David Bamber
2010-07-17T09:00:24Z
Seems ok to me ... I will forward some nice photos of Sea Lady as soon as I have 'airbrushed' the tea stains from the hull!

regards

David Bamber
David Bamber
GeoffTurner
2014-05-28T13:40:36Z
The Photo Gallery  now shows the photos from the Flickr PSSA group, so if you'd like your photos to be included, upload them to Flickr and share them with the group!
Tim Reeder
2014-06-09T21:10:06Z
Thanks Geoff

I have posted some pictures of the Beaulieu rally. We had a great evening for the barbecue and the setting was as usual amazing.

Has anyone got some more?

Tim
GeoffTurner
2014-06-10T15:24:59Z
Thanks for uploading the photos of Beaulieu, but they're not showing on the PSSA gallery page.

Could you check that they have been set to "Public"?

This can either be done individually for each photo:
UserPostedImage

or for a batch of photos using You / Organise
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Thanks

Geoff
MikeB
2014-08-04T21:43:58Z
How do I get an invite to join the Flickr group ?
Mike Ball
P235 No 36 "Juicy Blue"
GeoffTurner
2014-08-05T07:51:39Z
https://www.flickr.com/groups/parkerseal/  and then click on "Join Group" in the top banner section.
MikeB
2014-08-05T13:26:57Z
Geoff, I did that but it says that the group is "Invitation Only" (so I assumed I needed an invitation).
Mike Ball
P235 No 36 "Juicy Blue"
GeoffTurner
2014-08-06T07:32:02Z
When you're signed in to Flickr, go to https://www.flickr.com/groups_join.gne?id=1502365@N22 
This should show a page saying the group's Invitation Only, with a box for a message. Put a brief note in the box, then click Send - and we should get your request to join.