masharry
2011-10-20T21:15:31Z
Has anyone any solutions to the hatch problem. After rain if we close the hatch we get soaked inside the cabin. Does this happen to anyone else and how have yu solved it. Twice drenched is enough for one day.
Mairi

masharry
masharry
Mike Edwards
2011-10-20T22:44:54Z
hi Mairi
On Aztec I have put mastic around the joint of the hatch cover on the coachroof to seal the gap, and the sprayhood keeps the rain off the actual hatch.
Check the trim of the boat (fore and aft) because on Aztec water tends to drain out into the cockpit, (if it got in that is)

Mike Edwards
Seal 28 "Aztec"
Mike Edwards
Seal 28 "Aztec"
Neil Sinclair
2011-10-22T20:50:42Z
You might try taking the top off the hatch garage - its only four screws - to see if it's full of dead leaves. Having done this, I sealed the hatch garage closed as Mike did. That seems to keep most of it out. Sometimes, though, I get water filling up the little cubby hole locker above the galley. I think this happens when it rains when the boat is lying over on her side at low water. It never seems to go into the locker on the other side even though she lies over the other way sometimes! I tried arranging a tarp over the hatch cover but water still got in.

Neil Sinclair
Seal 28/27
'Andiamo of Exe'
Neil Sinclair
Seal 28/27
'Andiamo of Exe'