Ray
  • Ray
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2012-09-13T17:18:54Z
A few years ago I borrowed some molds to extend the cabin on Sealia.

They came from a guy in Essex I tried to return them but I still have them.

would any one like to borrow them to extend thier cabin.

As it is they are going too wast in my loft

Please contact my via the forum if intrested in using them.

No charge just need to drive to Portsmouth to collect them

Ray

Andrew
2012-09-14T20:47:29Z
Hi Ray

Have sent you an email.

gregfaux
2012-09-15T14:31:25Z
Hi Ray, Im still around here in Essex.. Hope all well with you... Hope your project went well. I have had an enquiry from someone about the moulds and if ok with you will ask him if he still wants them and guide him to join the PSSA. My email addy changed a while ago which may have foxed some peeps. Regards to all - i'm still alive and kicking!

Greg...

Seal 22 - Moonspinner

Greg...

Seal 22 - Moonspinner

Andrew
2012-09-17T22:17:51Z
Hi Ray

Have sent email.

I have a Mark 1 and want to add cabin top.

Did you do the fibreglassing yourself?

If you used a professional I would be keen to know who, where and how much.

Thanks Andrew

gregfaux
2012-09-18T08:06:19Z
Hi Guys, its good to hear there is still demand for the moulds and i'm pleased for them to circulate among members. I have plenty of photos of the original installation on Moonspinner. I have fixed my cabin top down now with sikaflex and countersunk bolts into the surrounding structure and have added rope clutches for all regular control lines. Thinking about adding small winch(s) too... The boat is a much better weekender with the fixed cabin top - for me anyhow...

Greg...

Seal 22 - Moonspinner

Greg...

Seal 22 - Moonspinner

Ray
  • Ray
2012-11-07T23:11:42Z
Sorry guys,

1 I dont remember receiving any E-mails. Wonder if you sent them to my old work account if so no good now.

2 I still have the moulds and I have finnished with them two year's back (keep stopping the wife trying to get rid of them.)

3 I dont have the brains to do the fiberglassing, I walked into a boat yard and got them made on the side with the owners permission. The owner turned his nose up and told me to see a guy on the shop floor who made them.

Unfortunatly he did not sort the main two moulds out properly before fiberglassing so I have some minute pimples on them which I'm told will clean off. Cost was reduced as I had another owner whant a set at the same time but I cant remember what I paid.

As I see it Greg is happy for any member to have them I live just outside Portsmouth. If you want them let me know and when you can collect them.

Contact me via hear or on hrh15jAThotmail.com

Ray

gregfaux
2012-11-07T23:34:53Z
Just to confirm I'm happy for the moulds to be used by any association members. I think the original request is for members who use them to consider making a donation (as they see fit) directly to the RNLI. The moulds should be travelling with the original plywood plugs (curved sections at least) inside them - this protects the interior of the moulds and the 'plugs'...

Regards....

Greg...

Seal 22 - Moonspinner

Greg...

Seal 22 - Moonspinner

jasongavin
2013-02-08T08:10:34Z
Hi all

Just recently joined the forum and the PSSA AND bought a Seal 22. My sailing partner Phil and I have bought Swiftly which was until November based at Poole Yacht Club. We have already taken her out around the Hayling Island channels a few times despite the winter and although we know she needs a bit of sorting in the sail trim department we are really impressed at how well she goes.We have seen the pics of the cabin extension and were wondering if those moulds are still around and how we can get hold of them. Greg we will take your suggestion onboard and make a donation to the RNLI [:)].

Cheers for now

Jason

gregfaux
2013-02-12T21:35:25Z
Hi All, just for clarificaation I am using an @hotmail.com email addy' now and have been for a while (the above is not all of it as this is an open forum to view). If you email me from the members list it should get to me as it is correct there (the addy in the old 'advert' is no more). In any event I have subscribed to this thread (I think) so should get a notification on my 'mobile' as soon as anyone posts here. Hope this helps - although I think the moulds may still be with Ray....

Greg...

Seal 22 - Moonspinner

Greg...

Seal 22 - Moonspinner

jasongavin
2013-02-14T08:01:54Z
Thanks Greg, I did wonder why my email bounced back but didnt go looking for an alternative. I will email Ray and try and find out.

Cheers

Jay

Ray
  • Ray
2013-02-18T18:59:02Z
Reply to Jason email

Hi Ray thanks for the reply, I live in ********** so only round the corner. I would like to pop out if its convienient for you and have a look as I have a few questions as to how it is attached. I will contact you when I have a gap and we can arrange it.

Cheers for now

Jason

No problem you have my tel Number just call

Ray (P.S. still not received email from Andrew 18 February 2013)

Gixerdaz
2020-12-05T09:29:54Z
Originally Posted by: gregfaux 

Just to confirm I'm happy for the moulds to be used by any association members. I think the original request is for members who use them to consider making a donation (as they see fit) directly to the RNLI. The moulds should be travelling with the original plywood plugs (curved sections at least) inside them - this protects the interior of the moulds and the 'plugs'...

Regards....

Greg...

Seal 22 - Moonspinner

Are the Moulds available?

Darren

Stuff
2022-02-13T20:21:09Z
I realise this is a really old thread, but I am now trying to track down either the elusive moulds or even a completed extension.

Does anyone have any information regarding their whereabouts?

Regards