Jon Stockton
2013-03-16T11:47:22Z
My current insurance company seemed to have no trouble with my whizzing around the Irish sea on an open Catamaran, but since I've swapped it for a P21 they are having a wobble about the cooker. Its the one that screws directly on to the bottle and sits in a glass moulding.
Is it possible to arrange a drain?
I thought an alarm might be acceptable, which they grudgingly accept as a temporary measure. Any suggestions?

Jon Stockton, Shivra
geoff.sheddick
2013-03-16T12:32:19Z
May I suggest that the correct solution to adopt is best answered by asking yourself which would cause you most angst - maiming or killing yourself and any other people aboard? or destroying the boat and it being uninsured?

If the former, best either spend whatever it takes to create a compliant gas system [likely to be difficult & costly - see below], or switch to an alcohol cooker [Origo] which is not cheap, but is likely to be a much cheaper and simpler option.

If the latter, it's just a straightforward monetary gambling decision....[:D]

http://www.parkerseal.or...bbs/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=5  Gas Bottle thread 31/0/2013]
NB re Origo cookers, just search for 'origo' and 'alcohol' in 'All Forums' - there's plenty of advice.

Geoff Sheddick
Parker 27/146 "Stroller'
Geoff Sheddick
Parker 27/146 "Stroller'
Ken Surplice
2013-03-17T19:36:27Z
Hi Jon,

I used to own a P21 and it had a vented gas locker in the cockpit area. I remember that I could reach it from inside the cabin to open and close the value. Very handy when it was raining. If this might be of interest perhaps we can persuade a current owner to post a photo here.

Cheers-Ken

Ken Surplice
Ken
Jon Stockton
2013-03-20T16:48:00Z
Thanks for replies Ken and Geoff. If you could arrange a picture Ken, that would be very helpful. I have thought about Origo stoves Geoff, although it seems a bit of hacking about might be needed to get it fixed in the "galley" and still allow the rest of it to work...
Cheers, Jon