AnaOlive
2013-07-29T17:13:01Z
Hello,

I would like to know the full capacity, people-wise, of the super seal 26.

I have found many sites stating that there are 5 berths, and I would like to know if 5 is the full capacity (my doubts come from a friend of mine having a smaller boat with a 6 person capacity...)

Ken Surplice
2013-07-29T23:24:27Z
We managed a weekend on a Parker 21 with four adults and two children many years ago. That took some good planning. We have a Parker 275 now but the answer will be similar to what you can expect on a Seal 26.

Sleeping: 2 in the bow, 2 in the main saloon and one aft makes 5. Already cosy but you might squeeze in another child in the aft berth.

Underway: 4 feels like the most you really want in the cockpit. You could sit one or two on the roof in fine settled weather.

In summary, with four on board you can set sail and enjoy weeks on end. Five would be ok to accommodate friends visiting you in port.

Ken Surplice

Ken
stargazy
2013-08-20T12:24:28Z
quote:
Originally posted by AnaOlive

Hello,

I would like to know the full capacity, people-wise, of the super seal 26.

I have found many sites stating that there are 5 berths, and I would like to know if 5 is the full capacity (my doubts come from a friend of mine having a smaller boat with a 6 person capacity...)

I have a Super Seal 26, and sail it as a family of five.

We sleep with the two adults in the forepeak, and 3 children in the saloon. Each saloon berth is approx 6 feet long, apart from the berth on the port side, which uses the trotter box into the bottom of the cupboard.

I'd say 3 adults sharing would be comfortable / realistic, but with children 5 is achievable!