Paul
  • Paul
  • Member Topic Starter
2013-08-07T20:27:52Z
I am considering buying a Parker 275 I have a drying muddy mooring currently I have a bilge keel boat, but a previous boat (Pandora) with a lifting keel the keel would jam with mud impacting in the keel box, does this happen with the Parker system? Is there any set ways to leave the keel to prevent jamming?
Tim Reeder
2013-08-08T13:54:11Z
Hi Paul

I have had a half tide muddy mooring for 13 years and have never had a problem. Once or twice the keel has been reluctant to go down but re hoisting it and letting it drop fast did the trick (not so easy with electric winch system).

In conclusion I would not worry too much. The keel weighs 700 lbs and takes a lot of stopping!

I hope you decide to buy a 275, they are great boats.

Thanks

Tim

Commodore
David Smith
2013-08-10T08:23:16Z
Hi Paul,
We own a Parker 285 HS Blythe Spirit and keep her on a drying pontoon berth at Thornham Marina Chichester. To date we have had no problems with mud, debris etc in the keel box. We keep 30 cm of keel down all the time she dries out onto a soft mud bottom. Years ago we owned a Parker 21 Cloud 9 and regularly dried out on a variety of sea beds.Again never a problem!There is also a Parker 235 opposite us on a mud drying mooring again, no drying issues. We are converts to the lifting keel concept and the Parker range of boats.Before we bought our 285 we looked at Southerlys,Gibsea, Jeanneaus and Beneteau boats between 28 to 34 foot.All lifting keels. The Parker got our vote! The 275 is a great boat! Find yourself a good one!

David
Ken Surplice
2013-08-15T20:47:43Z
Hi Paul,

Peace and tranquillity [:)]. Our 275 is on a drying berth on mud. The keel has never jammed. It just goes up and down, up and down, without trouble. We raise the keel completely when mooring.

To David - good to see you back! I expect Mathew is a big lad now.

Cheers!
Ken
Ken
DickG
2013-09-09T19:46:45Z
Hi, Dark Star lives on a drying muddy mooring - no problems so far. It does help to wash it all out when laying the boat up ashore though - otherwise it's a bit difficult to move when its dried out after the winter.

Dick
Dark Star P275 No 36
Dick
Dark Star P275 No 36