peter taylor
2015-01-20T14:46:38Z
Has anybody matched correctly the topsides gelcoat colour of a P27? It's sort of grey with a greenish (or is it khaki-ish?) tint to it. I've tried using a set of RAL colour swatches but what I got was much too light, so I've tried tinting it and got nowhere! Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Pete Taylor, Pied Piper

Pete Taylor.

P27 140 Pied Piper

Marvin Kowalewski
2015-01-20T18:28:13Z
Hi Peter, I have Parker # 138 and the topsides is a paint. Long ago I asked Bill Parker and he referenced an Interlux #. (I may have it in my notes somewhere.) ... Anyway.. I simply refinished with a similar color non-skid.....a couple nyears back, I refinished again..I used a more aqua color...you can see it if you reference my posts with changing to a larger engine by Martin Watson.

Clean up surface with a good wash...sand if needed and be sure to use a tape that seals edges ..not simply masking tape.. I have used electricians black plastic tape (don't stretch it) ...now I found a product called Gator Tape that seals perfectly..no fuzzy lines. Just follow the old paint lines.

Marv Kowalewski

Parker #138 The Happyseal

Marvin Kowalewski, Ph.D
peter taylor
2015-01-21T08:45:04Z
Hi Marvin, thank you for your quick reply, but I think you're referring to the non slip paint applied to the topsides gel coat. It's the colour of the gel coat I'm after. Pete

Pete Taylor.

P27 140 Pied Piper

GeoffTurner
2015-01-22T08:10:09Z
As you're in Christchurch, you could pop along to Blue Gee  in Poole to see if they can help you - they do a clear gel coat with various tints (see here )
peter taylor
2015-01-23T11:45:32Z
Thanks Geoff, unfortunately Blue Gee have moved to somewhere near Winchester so not local any more! (Not that Winchester is that far away!)If I draw a blank I'll have to give them a try. Thanks again, Pete
Pete Taylor.

P27 140 Pied Piper