pmcdanell
2019-07-11T17:32:52Z
I have just bought a Parker 275 and need to replace the wiring to the mast. I can't find obvious access to where it goes to below the mast. Do I need to remove the carpet lining on the wall to created an access panel or is there something that I have missed?
Ken Surplice
2019-07-11T21:37:10Z
My 275 supports the mast in a tabernacle. The saloon roof is vinyl on plywood screwed in place. Removing the roof panels reveals that cables pass behind the wood trim between roof panels and the bulkhead above the loo. No cables pass behind the carpet that is below the windows. This is the arrangement on sail #25. Good luck with your rewiring..
Ken
DickG
2019-08-06T18:14:26Z
On my 275, the cabling to the mast goes under the locker above the Stbd berth, and into the heads. From there it follows the top of the aft bulkhead of the heads to go through the inboard bulkhead of the heads into the space above the keel box under the deck. When I replaced the carpet lining on the inboard bulkhead of the fo'c's'le, there was an access just under the deck through the inboard fo'c's'le bulkhead to the area where the cables penetrate the deck just aft of the mast.

Hope that description is clear - let me know if you have any queries.
Dick
Dark Star P275 No 36
pmcdanell
2019-09-24T06:56:21Z
Originally Posted by: DickG 

On my 275, the cabling to the mast goes under the locker above the Stbd berth, and into the heads. From there it follows the top of the aft bulkhead of the heads to go through the inboard bulkhead of the heads into the space above the keel box under the deck. When I replaced the carpet lining on the inboard bulkhead of the fo'c's'le, there was an access just under the deck through the inboard fo'c's'le bulkhead to the area where the cables penetrate the deck just aft of the mast.

Thanks that is very helpful. If I am understanding you correctly, I should be able to gain access by removing the carpet in the corner just forward of the forward cabin door and next to the keel box.
pmcdanell
2019-09-24T07:00:38Z
Originally Posted by: Ken Surplice 

My 275 supports the mast in a tabernacle. The saloon roof is vinyl on plywood screwed in place. Removing the roof panels reveals that cables pass behind the wood trim between roof panels and the bulkhead above the loo. No cables pass behind the carpet that is below the windows. This is the arrangement on sail #25. Good luck with your rewiring..

I think it must be different on #7 as I can't see any wires when I remove the saloon headlining. It must be accessible from the front cabin close to the door so will mean removing a small bit of carpet to access. Thanks anyway.
peter lowry
2019-09-24T09:06:51Z
Hi.
I see u are coming to the Cowes rally this weekend.
Perhaps I can take a look for you and see where the cables are
Looking forward to meeting up with u again
Peter Lowry
Sophia 275 # 53
DickG
2019-09-29T18:01:42Z
Originally Posted by: pmcdanell 

Originally Posted by: DickG 

Thanks that is very helpful. If I am understanding you correctly, I should be able to gain access by removing the carpet in the corner just forward of the forward cabin door and next to the keel box.

Correct - I think if you press the carpet in that area you may be able to feel for indications before you have to hack it away!!

Regards

Dick
Dick
Dark Star P275 No 36