BobS
  • BobS
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2021-07-20T22:07:08Z
IMG_0390.JPG

Click to View Image8 View(s)

I managed to break my midships stanchion on Teal this summer. Mea culpa, but I fear Marinas may sometimes offer visitors their narrowest berth.
The replacement, as has been mentioned elsewhere in this forum, is YS 7165-B with length of 635mm. There seems to be an issue about obtaining YS parts and I bought AY 7165-B from Allen Brothers (https://www.allenbrothers.co.uk/product/toerail-stanchion). This actually seemed stronger than the original and is only hollow in the lower third.
The new stanchion did need a new hole bored through it to fit the pin in the Goiot base and I used the old stanchion as a template (5.5mm drill bit). I do wonder why this combination was used by Parker.
The only difficult bit was removing the old stainless steel grommet from the guard wire, before running the wire through the new stanchion.
Hope that helps anyone needing a new stanchion - but I'm sure other Parker Seals avoid the need!
Bob S
Teal 285/74
Martin Watson
2021-08-02T00:10:38Z
When my boat got 'T'boned in Itchenor reach about five or six years ago, my toe rail and stanchions were replaced from SL Rigging in Birdham in Chichester. They are still going, so I assume they can still provide the necessary parts. My boat is a P27 which has the same stanchions and base. I believe they have all the dies for the different toerails used on Parkers and Seals so they can match those as well.
Martin Watson