AidaHS
2023-05-16T07:33:18Z
Good morning everyone! I am finally on the ‘putting back together’ stage of my lovely Tio Pepe Parker 21. He was abandoned by a hedge for 10 years and I’ve spent nearly all my spare time for the last 1.5 years ripping out and replacing all the rotten wood inside, re-glassing the hull-deck joint, and a long etc.
I’m finally on the ‘putting back together’ stage and I’d like some input please:

- I opened up the space under the bed to replace the bulkhead with glassed marine ply. I’ve sealed shut with expanding foam and glassed marine ply the front ⅓ of that space with the idea of using the rest of the space as storage. Is this a good idea or shall I just seal it shut again?

- What do you all use as water storage, water system, on your P21? Right now I have a 20 l Jerry can; the idea is to strap it inside the locker under the bed in front of the kitchen and use a 12 v pump, and it would be filled from the port filler thingy. Any suggestions? I have removed the whole kitchen worktop, gas cooker and sink because I couldn’t get the gas bottle off and it was full of gas with rust marks. Not keen on gas on a boat! I’ve made a new worktop in marine ply, with a steel sink by the keel box and access to the space below on the LHS with a wall below dividing the two areas. The worktop will just be sealed with mastic so it can be easily removed if necessary for maintenance. Please let me know how you have the water issue sorted.

- I went inside the cockpit locker to replace the rudder and motors supports and saw a hose cut off, going forward into the space under your feet when you sit in the cockpit. Does anyone know what this is for please? I’d like to shut it sealed for buoyancy.
- I notice the 2 lockers under the seats in the ‘lounge’ have a plug hole. Can I just seal these shut or is it better to leave them with the plug? It’s all super dry now, so it’s ideal to seal spaces shut for buoyancy.
- and lastly, when I replaced the bulkhead I found a small space between the bed and the toilet which would be ideal for tool storage or to put a second battery to run an electric winch for the keel if I ever decide to put one. Does this have to be sealed shut or can I just use it for storage?
And I thinks this is it!
Thank you so much for reading this and sharing your knowledge and ideas. I’m hoping to be sailing very soon, haha!
All the best, Aida
David Fleming
2023-06-25T15:20:25Z
Hi, my 21 has a large bladder type bag that sits in the locker in front of the cooker. It’s filled through a stainless filler cap / tube on the starboard deck. It’s manually pumped to the sink. Sorry I can’t help with the other questions.
johniow
2023-06-25T17:01:15Z
Different boat, same approach for potable water. The 325 comes with a pressurised system with electric pump and a built in tank of around 180 litres. That's a lot of water to clear out if becomes contaminated. It supplies water at the head's sink and the galley sink.
Our drinking water is held in two 10 litre containers stored under the sink, pumped up by a Whale pump at the sink, whose hose is simply pushed into which ever container is in use. We drop some Milton tablets into both supplies occasionally; the containers we wash out afterwards!
The boat came like that, and it's served us well; simple to change the water if the water has been standing for a while, or the supply is suspect. I realise that we're talking about a P21, but if it is possible to have two separate supplies then try and fit them. Hope this helps, John
Nosey - Parker 325-26