DirkB
  • DirkB
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2024-07-17T13:00:21Z
I intend to bolt some wichard pad eyes on the studs (humps) for the coachroof traveller as mounting points to rig central jacklines. Surprise has a traveller in front of the steering pedestal so the studs only have some clips for the spray hood.
In order to bolt through the rings and nuts must be fastened from the cabin side above the ceiling panel. This is easy from the galley as that part can be removed easily and by loosening some aft screws from the port side front panel the bottom of the humps can be reached.
However, at the starboard side the ceiling panel is more difficult to loosen as the grab bars block the ceiling from coming down. I dare not bend the plywood panel to much. Does anyone have experience how the remove the ceiling panel safely?

IMG_1194 groot.jpeg

Click to View Image0 View(s)

IMG_1197 groot.jpeg

Click to View Image0 View(s)

MartinH
2024-07-17T20:37:42Z
Hi Dirk

When I did the same job on our 335, if I remember correctly, I removed the trim around the main hatch which made lowering the headlining panels easy.

Martin
DirkB
  • DirkB
2024-07-17T21:46:08Z
I was afraid that might be the answer. I didn’t go that far today as I was afraid I couldn’t reposition the ceiling panel on my own.
johniow
2024-07-24T14:28:29Z
I did the same when I removed the port side to run some cabling to the cockpit bulkhead instrument. And yes, it's a pain to get it all back again. But you'd be surprised how much the panels can bend ... And I had to re-glue/re-staple the material again. Nosey is 325/26.
Good luck, John
Nosey - Parker 325-26
DirkB
  • DirkB
2024-07-24T15:40:13Z
I already recognize the re-glue/stapeling part 😳
johniow
2024-07-24T15:48:43Z
The bad news (for me) was that I didn't notice how much thinner the plywood is for the smaller sections, which meant using the same staples in my staple gun as for the thicker sections causes the sharp ends to protrude through ...☹️
Nosey - Parker 325-26