SjerpNoorda
2008-10-29T20:11:07Z
Does anybody know how to replace the exhaust pipe in between the wall in the aft cabin and stern and the starboard locker

sjerp

T43

Holland

Mike Edwards
2008-10-29T20:18:06Z
hello Sjerp

On Aztec I can just reach the exhaust pipe from under the starboard aft cabin berth. I must admit that I have never tried to remove it and refit but I can get my hands on it.

I have a small cutout in the inner lining/moulding just behind the skin fitting on the stern quarter, where I presume you can get at it to loosen the pipe from the skin fitting.

Mike Edwards

Seal 28 "Aztec"

Mike Edwards

Seal 28 "Aztec"

SjerpNoorda
2008-10-29T20:22:50Z
Hello Mike

Do you know if that cutout is standard or was it made there after builing , i do have a covering glued on ther and it would be a shame to remove because the i will have to replace both sides because it is still from the 70's and they don't sell the same lining anymore.

regards

Sjerp T43

Mike Edwards
2008-10-29T20:44:04Z
I don't know if it is standard, I will have to have a closer look.

Mike Edwards

Seal 28 "Aztec"

Mike Edwards

Seal 28 "Aztec"

Neil Sinclair
2008-10-30T15:52:30Z
I have replaced the exhaust pipe. Andiamo Seal 28 no 27 has a small plywood panel secured with screws which covers the pipe to transom fitting joint. I have forgotten what its called, but when I pulled the old pipe out I pulled a piece of string through, too. The string then allowed me to pull the new pipe into position. Its a job well worth doing, because the pipe is impossible to inspect. My old pipe was quite rotten, and kept chafing through where it passed through the bulkhead and leaking into the after cabin. I inserted a stainless steel 90 degree bend at this position in the new pipe, this takes the wear at the bulkhead and also allows the pipe to lie neatly against the side of the locker as it heads down to the water trap in the base of the locker.

Cheers! Neil

Neil Sinclair

Seal 28/27

'Andiamo of Exe'

Neil Sinclair

Seal 28/27

'Andiamo of Exe'