Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
pmcdanell  
#1 Posted : 11 July 2019 18:32:52(UTC)

I have just bought a Parker 275 and need to replace the wiring to the mast. I can't find obvious access to where it goes to below the mast. Do I need to remove the carpet lining on the wall to created an access panel or is there something that I have missed?
Ken Surplice  
#2 Posted : 11 July 2019 22:37:10(UTC)

My 275 supports the mast in a tabernacle. The saloon roof is vinyl on plywood screwed in place. Removing the roof panels reveals that cables pass behind the wood trim between roof panels and the bulkhead above the loo. No cables pass behind the carpet that is below the windows. This is the arrangement on sail #25. Good luck with your rewiring..
Ken Surplice
DickG  
#3 Posted : 06 August 2019 19:14:26(UTC)

On my 275, the cabling to the mast goes under the locker above the Stbd berth, and into the heads. From there it follows the top of the aft bulkhead of the heads to go through the inboard bulkhead of the heads into the space above the keel box under the deck. When I replaced the carpet lining on the inboard bulkhead of the fo'c's'le, there was an access just under the deck through the inboard fo'c's'le bulkhead to the area where the cables penetrate the deck just aft of the mast.

Hope that description is clear - let me know if you have any queries.

Dick

Dark Star P275 No 36