Paul Bowman
2007-01-25T12:54:23Z
I'm going to use shorepower on my 235 (Kinkajou/17) by installing a double 13amp socket, which incorporates an RCD in the saloon. This will have a shorepower plug attached, to connect it to the shorepower lead.

Can anyone tell me where the factory installed socket is located on the boats. I thought about on the front of the port locker, by drilling a lot of small holes to form the shape I need. I would then feed the cable through a hole in the bulkhead.

Has anybody done it themselves and how did you do it?

If I decide to use the shorepower to charge the 70amp battery overnight, what else do I need to buy and install?

Thanks

Paul

Paul

Hunter Pilot 27, GiGi

(ex 235 owner)

PaulBurton
2007-01-25T17:33:09Z
Now this is a topic that I know a bit about (being a sparkie)

I personally use a shore-power lead ....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CA...0870QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem 

If you do it your way you have no overload protection..

You could plug a 3kw heater in one and a 3kw kettle in the other..this would not be to good for your extension lead..

Or you could fit a small garage type consumer unit in the locker...

hope this helps....

My signature.

Parker 235/ 40 Lady Penelope...

Paul Burton.

Wayfarer no.9362

Graham Ebb
2007-01-26T11:03:25Z
The standard shore power system for a 235 is a trailing lead as Paul has described, so there are no standard positions for mains sockets. I used a standard camping system for a couple of years, which is ok, but a bit of a nuisance.

Last spring, I fitted a full mains system complete with battery charging and 12v supply. A fit and forget system. We cruise the Solent and adjoining areas each summer for two or three weeks by marina hopping. We simply plug into the pontoon supply and every thing sorts its self out. Next morning we have fully charged batteries and off we go. If you want more information, please let me know.

I put my main socket in the end of the starboard salon locker, adjacent to the 12v isolator. My reason for this position is that it keeps all vulnerable electrical fittings in one locker leaving the forward locker free for tins of food and drink, which are best stowed low down.

Graham Ebb

235/25 Blue Jazz

Paul Bowman
2007-02-08T08:49:03Z
Thanks for your responses. I've now spoken to Graham and have ordered a garage consumer unit to do an installation like his.

Paul

17/Kinkajou

Paul

Hunter Pilot 27, GiGi

(ex 235 owner)