Don Harvey
2007-11-04T14:12:44Z
I received the following message from Murlo Primrose (who, for those who do not know was the wife of Angus Primrose - the designer of the Seal 22, and other boats of note)

GOOD HOME WANTED FOR THE ORIGINAL SEAL 22 MOULDS, Hull, deck and interior (all usable) Would someone like to rescue them before they are destroyed and gone for ever, which I am sure all Seal Assn. members agree will be a great shame.

Ring Murlo Primrose 07795 107158

If anyone has a suggestion for the use of these moulds please contact me or Murlo directly.

I will be speaking to Bill Parker tomorrow but don't hold out much hope on this issue.

Coincidentally - and from another source - I will shortly be posting further news of moulds and plugs that were custom made to produce the GRP cabin top sections and two part sliding hatch for the Seal 22. Am just awaiting some pictures.

Regards
Don Harvey
Web Master

Regards
Don Harvey
PaulBurton
2007-11-05T20:43:40Z
Fosdyke yacht Haven has a few moulds.....they have just moulded an IP23....!!!!

They have plenty of room and will/maybe/oneday/possible be next to Pakers(when they move)

http://www.fosdykeyachthaven.co.uk/index.html 

Might be worth a try....

Paul Burton.

Parker 235/ 40 Lady Penelope...

Paul Burton.

Wayfarer no.9362
Don Harvey
2007-11-06T16:54:36Z
Thanks Paul

However, as you are located at Fosdyke(?) perhaps you could enquire if they would like the moulds.

Bill does not want them, and in any case, his plans to move to Fosdyke are now off.

Regards
Don Harvey
Web Master

Regards
Don Harvey
PaulBurton
2007-11-06T17:54:22Z
i will have a word with david at Fosdyke next time I am there..

Are they free ????

Paul Burton.

Parker 235/ 40 Lady Penelope...

Paul Burton.

Wayfarer no.9362
Don Harvey
2007-11-07T16:29:10Z
Yes they are free. Murlo just wants rid of them but would like them preserved.

Regards
Don Harvey
Web Master

Regards
Don Harvey
Don Harvey
2008-01-24T17:02:48Z
Members may be interested to know that the Seal 22 moulds have gone to Blaxton Boats.

http://www.blaxtonboats.co.uk/index.php 

Seeing the various boats built by this company, judging by their web site, we may see Seal 22s being built again.

Regards
Don Harvey
Web Master

Regards
Don Harvey