Don Harvey
2006-10-28T15:31:00Z
Spam messages are now appearing on the Seal 22 Forum as fast as I can delete them.

I am under discussion with TraVision about changing to a new Forum application. This will call for anyone wishing to post messages to a Forum to register, initially (as is done with many other Forums).

One advantage of this is that I will be able vet and possibly reject applications and subsequebtly bar anyone who starts to post SPAM messages.

I'll keep members informed of any impending change.

By the way once the change takes place, the current Forums will not be lost but will be set to 'Read Only'

Regards

Don Harvey

Don Harvey

Regards

Don Harvey

PaulBurton
2006-10-28T17:33:00Z
I really enjoy using and posting on forums...

Usually you need to register...

Would be good to have email notification of new posts and the abillity to edit, add pics etc....

Paul Burton 235/40 Lady Penelope.

Paul Burton

Paul Burton.

Wayfarer no.9362

2006-10-29T21:42:00Z
Hi again Don.....sorry to read about the problems you are facing against 'spammers' or should I say '* AT %$*?'. Just a suggestion mind, although this may have been already posted!

With all the cyber creeps that are out there causing these pathetic headaches for you, surely now is the time for the SSA like the majority of other forums out there, to have people register to the site. At least then members would have to use a password and username to create a post on the forums.

The forum and website could still be read by visitors but they would have to register to become active, you of course as admin would have the power to eliminate those whom do not comply.

Regards.....Dave Ayres

Dave Ayres

Don Harvey
2006-10-31T13:34:00Z
Paul

http://s8.photobucket.com/  and put a link to your pictures in your forum message.

If you want to see (a limited number) on the SSA web, you could send to me and I'll put them on the Members Album page.

Regards

Don

Don Harvey

Regards

Don Harvey

Don Harvey
2006-10-31T13:36:00Z
Dave

We are of like minds, but I need a more modern bulletin board to introduce logins. As I said - I'm discussing this with the owner of the Travision server with which I need to interact.

Regards

Don

Don Harvey

Regards

Don Harvey