frank_marsden
2005-02-10T09:08:00Z
Firstly, apologies for not attending, as it would entail a round trip of about 400 miles, will send a completed proxy form.

Secondly, is the committee sure that the annual subscription is enough?

I certainly do not want to increase the costs of sailing. but I note that the very modest £10 p.a. is by far the lowest of any similar association. I think that the more important issue is continuing the long term stability of the association.

Frank Marsden

Don Harvey
2005-02-12T14:42:00Z
Frank

This is a difficult one. The issue of subs gets discussed at each meeting that precedes the AGM. The view of the committee is that so long as there is sufficient in the bank for perceived expenses then the will be no change. The problem is that we then leave it so long that when the time comes to increase it the % increase can seem excessive (I remember when it went from £6 to £10 and that was difficult to get accepted). Personally I think we should increase it a little every year or so.

Anyway – I’ll raise your point at the meeting.

Don

Don Harvey

Regards

Don Harvey

Ken Surplice
2005-03-23T20:47:00Z
Hi Frank,

Thanks for your comments. The policy of the association is not to raise funds for a rainy day but to collect what we need. We have enough savings to survive two bad years and this is a good position to be in. I am sure the subscription will increase in a year or two. When it does, just ignore the percentage increase as this will not mean much when membership is such a bargain today 🙂.

We can discuss more if you make it to Portsmouth. I am just emailing you an update about that.

Cheers-Ken (Treasurer)

Ken Surplice

Ken