Matt Bates
2011-07-08T07:32:24Z

Hi, Just purchased Gair na Mara and wish to put a new main and genoa on, has anyone got a place they recommend?

Mike Edwards
2011-07-08T12:32:05Z
Hello Matt

I have used Kemp Sails and always found them helpfull. they should offer you a discount for the PSSA

Mike Edwards

Seal 28 "Aztec"

Mike Edwards

Seal 28 "Aztec"

Matt Bates
2011-08-07T18:22:18Z

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply, I read with interest Cadanski keel issues, I also have a question on my lift keel. It is about 150 turns to lower my keel at which stage the handle go slack but the wire doesnt. If I try to turn the handle more it feels like I'm forcing it and seems to be pushing the handle out. If i leave it at that then the keel 'bumps' everytime I go over some waves. Should I just continue to turn the handle? Can anything bad happen if i do?

Many thanks

Matt

Mike Edwards
2011-08-10T12:42:24Z
Hello Matt

It sounds like the "bronze nut" is comming to the end of the thread or the end of the tube before all of the weight of the keel is resting on the cheek blocks and the top of the fixed keel.

This could be caused if the wire strops were too short.

If you want I can measure mine as I have the old pair lying around somewhere.

Mike Edwards

Seal 28 "Aztec"

Mike Edwards

Seal 28 "Aztec"

Neil Sinclair
2011-08-23T13:27:27Z
For my last boat, Crusader made me a very nice mainsail.

Gair na Mara used to lay up with us in Payne's yard at the top of Thorney creek. Crane day is 27th October. Will we be seeing you?

Neil Sinclair

Seal 28/27

'Andiamo of Exe'

Neil Sinclair

Seal 28/27

'Andiamo of Exe'

Matt Bates
2011-09-19T18:06:33Z
quote:
Originally posted by Neil Sinclair

For my last boat, Crusader made me a very nice mainsail.

Gair na Mara used to lay up with us in Payne's yard at the top of Thorney creek. Crane day is 27th October. Will we be seeing you?

Neil Sinclair

Seal 28/27

'Andiamo of Exe'

Matt Bates
2011-09-19T18:13:15Z

Hi Neil,

No, have moved it down to Christchurch, so will winter it here. Must say though it's a fabulous boat that I'm enjoying enormously, only issue is that I can't get the keel to seat properly so it clanks around a bit, but think it will have to wait till I pull it out. Will definitely come out cruising withe pssa next year and hopefully racing when I track down a cheap spinny and pole.

Cheers

Matt