Jim Hatton
2015-11-23T22:00:47Z
Hi all, Jim here

I pick up my new (to me) Seal 22 on Sunday. Excited is an understatement! I have been around boats all my life and panicked when I had to sell my rib this summer, so naturally I am very happy to be able to get back out on the water. This will, however, be the first sailing boat I have owned and she will effectively be teaching me to sail, bar a couple of past jaunts out on a sunspot 15 (Google it) and a mirror dinghy.

I have a wife, a boy (20 months), a girl (17 days) and a dog, and I have this really romantic vision of doing a few overnighters, but realistically I can't see this happening for a couple of years. It's nice to dream, though.

The Seal is a mark 3 in excellent condition with a 10hp diesel inboard. Watch this space for stories of future adventures (hopefully)

Ttfn

Jim

22/209
peter lowry
2015-11-24T08:36:17Z
Hi Jim

Congratulations !

You are very welcome

You have bought the best little boat in the world and one with an inboard !!!! . I bought my 22 back in 1995 , my wife was not a sailor and we started out with a 18 month and a 2 day old !!!!!!... my now 21 year old is sailing in Auckland on the Americas Cup yachts

we now own a Parker 275 based in Gosport

Seal rallies are great and plentiful--loads of people and advice

where are you based?

Best wishes

Peter Lowry

Jim Hatton
2015-11-24T13:51:36Z
Thanks for the warm welcome Peter, amazing to hear of such a similar story, albeit from 20 years ago!

I live on the Wirral, however the vast majority of my boating has and will be done around the Llyn peninsular in north Wales. This Seal comes with a brand new galvanised launching trailer which I plan to convert into a road legal transporter for her. Once this is done the whole of the British isles becomes our playground so you may well see us at one of the rallies in future.

I'm very happy to have found a community such as this one.

Jim

22/209
Floyd Raser
2015-11-24T23:43:16Z
Hi Jim,

As a newbie myself I can recommend the Seal 22 Technical Manual from the PSSA. You have to be a member to buy it but the £24 total is worth it for the tips and help therein.

I also use the NTTA website for towing info (http://www.ntta.co.uk/).

Good Luck,

Floyd.