barry.tiernan
2016-11-01T14:04:15Z
Hi

Need some advice

1/ If the wheel steering fails, what is the emergency fall back. Are there cables?

2/ My throttle cable is fraying, any ideas of size, make, lenght of a new one

3/ Do you have to drain all the water system for the winter, cold tank, hot water tank etc

Barry Tiernan

Sulito

Jan
  • Jan
  • Advanced Member
2016-11-02T12:12:42Z

Hello Barry

Wheel system is just gears and a couple of automobile track rod ends, not much to go wrong or so I thought.

Has something moved sop the gears are not meshing ?

I guess in an emergency you must jam a tiller into the rudderhead but not much room if it has to clear the wheel pedestal.

Incidentally since our last conversations I have sailed with a tiller and it's not as bad as I thought, didn't like the main sheeted to the cockpit floor but the tiller was no problem.

My throttle is a single push/pull rod but the engine cut out is a multi strand cable, no idea how long but if it fails then you can manually shut the engine off in the engine compartment. Beware the rotating bits !

Here is a discussion on draining calorifiers that took place some time ago.

http://www.parkerseal.or...t.aspx?g=posts&t=649 

I leave Blue Moon in the water with small heater and dehumidifier and don't drain anything .

However if you get you boat out and there is no heat then you will need to drain it and don't forget the seawater from the engine heat exchanger.

Best of luck

Jan

325/32

Blue Moon