Simon Barker
2017-08-31T13:40:16Z
The time has come for me to consider replacing my stack pak style mainsail cover. Does anyone know who the original manufacturer/supplier of the P235 cover was, or has anyone replaced theirs recently and can recommend a supplier?
Many thanks.
Simon.
John Edwards
2017-09-03T15:57:52Z
Hi Simon,

I don't know who made the original but I had my stack pack made about three years ago by Kemp Sails at Wareham. Generally well made although I did have to take it back this year as some stitching had come undone.

If you get the chance, the Southampton Boat Show has all the major sail makers there who will give you a quote and advice etc. That's how I did mine

Regards
John
235/07 Diamond
philip linsell
2017-09-03T20:47:13Z
Simon
There are 2 options on the zip closing front to back or back to front. I have used both and consider front to back to be the better. When lowering the main it's easier to start the zip at the mast and even part closed will keep the sail in place. Using the reverse the zip has to be started at the boom end, which may be moving about and out of easy reach.
Just a consideration.
Philip
Simon Barker
2017-09-04T17:00:32Z
Many thanks John and Philip and yes, Southampton boat show is a good idea. I had hoped to track down the original manufacturer or another sail maker who has previously made for a P235 in the hope that they would already have a template or all the necessary dimensions. My current one zips back from the mast to the boom end which works very well.

Thanks.

Simon.