Martin Gray
2019-04-12T17:57:10Z
I am trying to find the manufacturer of the folding stern ladder. I would like to obtain a lower section with additional steps to make boarding easier as I get older! Any information would be very helpful.

Martin Gray

P27 Ariel

David Smith
2019-04-20T20:54:34Z
Hi Martin,

We had the same problem with our boarding ladder.

When we bought Blythe Spirit our Marine Surveyor said it was not compliant with the latest recommendations for rescue and recovery.

We looked around and could find nothing that fitted existing holes, fittings etc.

Our local Marine fabricators came up trumps using half our existing ladder and fabricating an extension piece.

It is great for getting on and off of the stern especially swimming.

Taylor Engineering is based at Emsworth Marina.

It looks like factory spec!

http://www.marine-stainless.co.uk 

Various people have seen it and commented!

Most fabricators could do this mod easily!

I can email some pictures to you when I'm on the boat next. She is still out of the water!

Kind regards

David

Blythe Spirit 285 HS

chris nichols
2019-04-27T15:47:36Z
Hi Martin,

Here are some pictures of the stern ladder fitted to Artemis P27/136 which I had modified with an additional bottom section which reaches well below the waterline. i have since added wood treads to the tube so climbing after swimming does not bruise your foot.

rgds

Chris

DSCN7649a.JPG

Click to View Image41 View(s)

DSCN7653.JPG

Click to View Image34 View(s)

DSCN7657a.JPG

Click to View Image33 View(s)

DSCN7652a.JPG

Click to View Image35 View(s)

DSCN7655a.JPG

Click to View Image34 View(s)

Martin Gray
2019-04-27T16:20:49Z
Hello Chris,

Many thanks for the pictures, what a wonderful resource the parkerseal website is, now have plenty of ideas from so helpful members.

Regards

Martin