Martin Watson
2022-02-16T19:44:14Z
I have just received an email from the organisers of the annual Beer and Buses event in Newport to inform me that with much regret it is no longer feasible for them to run the event ever again. I had asked them to keep me posted if they decided to run it again this year but am now devastated to hear that it will not ever be run again. Very sad news.
Martin Watson
Ken Surplice
2022-02-16T22:55:15Z
Martin, thank you for sharing this unfortunate news. I will need all the time between now and autumn, when it would have run, to get over it. A great loss indeed. Thank you also for your past championing of this event and I'm happy to have had the pleasure of attending at least one of the beer and busses rally weekends.
Ken
stephen roy
2022-02-20T13:37:48Z
Hi Martin,
I too am sorry to hear about the demise of the beer bus & walking rally we used to do .
How about a new one called the beer bus pass & walking Rally?
As quite a few of our associarion fall into this bracket and the remainder of members could rustle up the money for their fare.
The details could be adjusted to suit the varying partipants and if the weather were to become inclement it could become just a beer and bus rally.

Stephen
Martin Watson
2022-03-01T22:37:05Z
It is something I am considering, but possibly for next year, I suspect there will still be a few Covid related issues to overcome this year. we will have a clearer picture next year. I will certainly look into it. Maybe some feedback from members especially those not yet entitled to free bus passes. Would they be prepared to buy bus tickets? I will also check to see whether they do an all day bus pass or weekend pass on the island.
Martin Watson