Courtis
2022-10-30T11:59:45Z
Hi - my first season with Aurora (Super Seal 22) at Brancaster. At the moment the mainsheet pulley block is attached to a fixing in the middle of the cockpit and goes straight up to the boom (with no traveller). Just wondered what everyone else is doing and if there is any reason why I can't fix it further forwards to de-clutter the cockpit? Thanks Nigel Courtis 07973 814646

IMG_7892.JPG

Click to View Image14 View(s)

IMG_8032.jpg

Click to View Image17 View(s)

Ken Surplice
2022-10-31T21:57:18Z
Hi Nigel, you may reach a more relevant audience if you repost this in the Seal 22 section of the forum. Meanwhile, as we are in the P27 section, I will mention that mainsheet positioning in the 26-27 footers varies between cockpit floor, cockpit traveller and coach roof traveller. Moving aft will certainly help flatten the sail when required. By the way, it might be an idea to remove your phone number as many ‘bots’ scan the web looking for phone numbers which then results in junk calls. If you are a member, then other members will have your contact details in the members’ handbook. Fingers crossed that other 22 owners can share their experience with you. Cheers!
Ken
philip linsell
2022-11-01T09:02:24Z
Nigel

I'm sure it was just a typo but you have a superseal 26, not a 22!

The original set up for the man sheet was a purchase on the coachroof bar, leading aft along the boom and dropping to a swivel jammer in the cockpit. This is shown in the 26/27 handbook (available from Di Drew the regalia officer).

Rascal my 26 has a track set across the forward end of the cockpit, giving a clearer cockpit and much more control/adjustment for the main. It's also easy to park to the side when not sailing.

Philip Linsell

Gareth Yeoman
2022-11-02T01:26:53Z
Nigel - I have Arkadina which is SS26 number 70.

I changed my mainsheet to the same system that you have on your boat but I attached a large carabina under the jammer so that when not in use I can simply attach it to the toe rail out of the way.

Gareth Yeoman