Ken Surplice
2023-04-26T15:42:17Z
Hi Folks. The Isle of Wight Festival runs from Thursday 15 - Sunday 18 June. This year’s acts include Blondie, Robbie Williams and many more. See the line-up . Staying on board in the harbour and walking to the festival site is a great way to combine great music with onboard comforts. There’s no need to pitch a tent in the densely packed and noisy campsite.

For the first time, the harbour team are accepting bookings for groups of three boats or more. Vol-au-vent and White Light are going. Will you join us? With one more boat signing up, even if you don’t go in to the event, we can be sure of a berth. Please reply here if you are interested. Thank you - Ken, P275 Vol-au-vent.
Ken
Ken Surplice
2023-04-27T17:23:26Z
Good news. We are now up to three boats and have secured a booking. I will see the harbour staff at the weekend, during our May Day rally. There I will see how many more they might accommodate. Usually the harbour is busy but certainly not full during the four days of the festival. Festival tickets for Sunday have sold out but weekend, Friday and Saturday tickets remain available.
Ken
Ken Surplice
2023-04-30T20:27:19Z
Newport IOW is taking rally bookings, including the May Day I’m on now. For the Isle of Wight Festival period in June, bookings are high and the harbour team has declared that they have insufficient space to take further bookings.

Rafting is permitted up to three per raft and we already have that for our mini rally.

There may be space if you have not booked but do call ahead to check.
Ken
James Hamilton
2023-05-10T15:24:52Z
Hi Ken
No takers yet for my and Margaret's Newport rally on the 10th June, though still a month to go. We were hoping to pick up stragglers from the previous weekends event . We were there Sunday/Monday and the Harbourmaster didn't mention any particular problem, but I didn't give him an exact date as only us going so far. The IoW festival runs from 15th to the 18th so I wouldn't think we would have a problem. If you already have 3 boats for the Festival maybe our fixture is redundant, on the other hand it might attract those wishing a quiet midweek stay!

PSSA members, please sign up for 10th June if interested!
James Hamilton
2023-05-10T15:27:03Z
Sorry , meant Tuesday 6th June, the Tuesday 10th is in May. Jim H

Ken Surplice
2023-05-13T21:58:57Z
Hi Jim,
These days most folk surface and join rallies fairly close in. Your rally is a good ten days ahead of the music festival so I don’t think it will make any difference. The few attending the festival would anyway be totally consumed by it and will be out every day.

I’ve never had trouble getting into Newport, even during past festival periods. This year will be the first time that ralky bookings have been permitted so I thought I should be on the safe side.

Cheers - Ken
Ken