Simon
  • Simon
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2023-08-10T16:38:46Z
Has anyone managed to successfully fit a two burner stove with grill and oven into the allotted galley space on a Parker Super Seal 26, if so are there any pictures available of the finished job . I realise the existing under cupboard would have to be sacrificed , look forward to any thoughts
Super Seal 109. Fiji
Martin Watson
2023-08-12T17:26:33Z
I have a Parker 27 which is basically the same layout. I have fitted a gimballed hob over a fixed, built in Dometic Smev FO211GT oven with integral grill which is only 283 x 504 x 460 mm (H x W x D) although it does need about 10~12mm extra on each side ,top and bottom for ventilation. it is supposed to have a chimney but I have had some success with a built in vent at the rear, behind the hob and a Bernoulli effect forced draft system using an 80mm Dia computer fan , blowing up though a reducing funnel into which the 50mm Dia oven vent protrudes into the side. At the moment the fan is binding ( I think I damaged it whilst I had the oven out to investigate another issue)so I am in the process of re-designing the vent and hopefully get it going again. I have connected the fan to the oven light switch so that when the oven light is turned on, the fan runs. The power for the light/fan come from the gas shutoff switch which I have installed as well. Without this set up , I found the oven would starve of air and go out.( it has a gas safety valve so it was 'safe' but not much use for cooking!) I cut out the space below, right down to the hull and lined it with some thick foam (12mm aerobics mat ) and use that as my pan store. Depending on how lucky you are, you may have enough space width wise to install it. I did NOT so as I was removing the coolbox to insulate it, I reduced the coolbox space slightly to provide the required space for the oven. This was quite a project as I was using high insulation value vacuum sealed PU panels ( 25mm panels supposedly give the same insulation as 150mm of closed cell blue foam)and I also wanted to put a round sink in that projected forward slightly in front of the cooker to get it out from under the cockpit step. Next time I am down at the boat, I will take some pictures. I basically had to completely rebuild the galley area, but it was worth it. The coolbox has a BD35 Isotherm refrigeration unit cooling it , the compressor being mounted quite high up in the cockpit locker behind the dividing bulkhead. It uses about 25 Amps per day to power the fridge and will get down to freezing, although it uses more power then. My solar panels normally keep up with the demand although this year, despite adding another solar panel and replacing the batteries with Lead Calcium batteries (supposed to accept a higher charge rate) I am not seeing the amount of charge I have enjoyed for the last three years since I completed the installation. I think I have a power drain issue and need to investigate where it is going, but it will have to wait till lift out.
Martin Watson