seanthijsse
2024-08-26T12:39:56Z
Hi all, I am potentially purchasing a Parker 235 and what really appeals to me is the ability to dry sail. How feasible will it be to be to do this with the Parker 235? I would be keeping the yacht at home and trail it to the slipway each time to sail (so on the trailer with mast down). How quickly can I go from the boat on trailer with mast down (and everything secured) to on the water? Also, what is the approximate length of the full set up when on the trailer with the mast down?

Regards,

Sean
PaulJ
2024-08-26T17:54:13Z
I would also be interested in the experience of others, but the few times I have readied my 235 from trailer to water, on my own, has taken a good 2 hours, and once out, I man still tiring up various things. It also depends if your sails are in place or not and of course how often you do it. The same sort of time to dismantle plus the extra time to get it on the trailer which one has to be a little more careful with than launching.

If you haven't found your 235 yet, I am thinking of selling mine for around the £13,000 mark. She is moored off Exmouth if you are down this way.

Paul.
James Hamilton
2024-09-03T10:51:03Z
Myself, I have only rarely trailed with the mast down. As an alternative I can recommend keeping it on a trailer with the mast up near a slipway. This works well for me at Bucklers Hard (c£900 this year). The mast lowering is tricky on this boat ( the length of strops supporting the pole are critical) and when it is down protrudes a couple of metres over the stern , and about a metre over the bow.
James Hamilton
2024-09-03T10:57:54Z
[img=https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jNEfVWikldnOo9GjUoROYcR8I-AwblI6/view?usp=drive_link]Sandy lady with mast down, transiting the Union Canal[/img]
John Edwards
2024-09-05T06:29:57Z
Can’t really help I am afraid.

I have had my boat around 12 years and have only lowered/raised the mast twice; once when I bought it and again last year to replace rigging etc.
Mine also lives on the trailer in the winter with the mast up, then on a buoy in the summer. For me a very convenient arrangement that works well.

John
235/07 Diamond