kate.hattersley
2009-04-26T08:33:25Z
I thought it would be good to start a separate thread on shallow draft rudder variations and how we use them. I will try to get the picture to upload but that is quite demanding technology for me! If anyone wants to do a clever thing and make the picture appear I will be delighted.

http://picasaweb.google....2009#5328899337537362274 
Kate
Kate
2009-04-26T09:52:28Z
hi
likewise i have not worked out how to put photos on the forum yet but i will take photos of my rudder arrangement which is very different from that of Kate's

regards
charles

charles clements

Spartacus 285
charles clements

Spartacus 285
2009-04-26T17:11:59Z
hi
this is just a test but i hope it takes you to my Parker site.
i will post rudder photos as soon as i have them.
meanwhile here are some of improvements made to Spartacus
regards charles

http://picasaweb.google....20091629?feat=directlink '

charles clements

Spartacus 285
charles clements

Spartacus 285
John Elliott
2009-04-27T10:09:58Z
I say Kate, that really is very neat.

Where did you get the ally bits? Are the fixings SS or alloy , and do they bolt through the rudder stock or just tap into the side cheek?

Sorry for so many questions, but perhaps yopu could put up a brief spec including salient dimensions?

John.

275/30 "Cascada"
275/30 "Cascada"
kate.hattersley
2009-04-30T07:30:58Z
Um It was already there when I bought her, thank to George Burnham the previous owner. I will go out with a tape measure and get the dimensions. The side rails are L shaped in profile and bolted through the stock, the crosspiece is a chunk of flat aluminium I got out of a skip to replace the broken rail and cut to fit and riveted to the rails. The dagger board has been given a rounded leading and trailing edge and a top a bit like a mirror dinghy dagger board with a handle which is a hole to grasp it through, and a string to pull it up or position it as required.
very useful but makes the rudder noisy in use due to some turbulence so I remove it when racing.
Kate

Kate
Kate