brock
  • brock
  • Member Topic Starter
2009-07-27T10:12:17Z
Hello forum,
At some point this year I would like to fit a VHF radio on Sprog (P96)
I found a coaxial cable with a sticker marked VHF to case. This cable goes up into the coach roof void. The question is where does it go ? I imagine it must go to somewhere around the mast step.
I think it was fitted during the build and has never been used,along with several other cables. They are all above the after end of the port bunk,just inside the main hatch.

Any ideas please.

Regards,

Brock
Ken Surplice
2009-08-05T22:24:18Z
Hello Brock.

As nobody has yet replied, let me offer a comment. I used to have a 21 and remember well threading a VHF cable from near the mast, via the roof void, all the way towards to companionway and to to our radio. I used a nylon flexible rod designed for such things. There was no cable ready fitted so I had to do it myself. Thinking in reverse, in your situation, is there a way to get into the roof void by the mast and fish around with a wire with a hook on the end?

Good luck - Ken

Ken Surplice
Commodore
Ken
brock
  • brock
  • Member Topic Starter
2009-08-06T18:28:54Z
Hello Ken,
Thanks for your reply. The only way into the roof void that I can think of is by removing the keel lift plate. It may be that Parkers left the end of the cable tucked in there. I hope to get out to the boat on Saturday and,with the keel down I should be able to open it up and have a look.
I will let you know !!

Regards,

Brock
brock
  • brock
  • Member Topic Starter
2009-08-10T17:27:52Z
Hello Ken,

Well,I had a look in the keel box and no cable. I think I shall have to remove the closure where the keel box meets the headlining,it seems to be held in place with a lot of screws so that could be the place to look.

Regards,

Brock