DuncanHall
2009-10-15T19:02:21Z
has anyone got a calorifier fitted to a Yanmar 1GM10 as its not clear how to plumb it in. A photo would be appriciated.
DuncanHall
2010-06-15T06:46:40Z
For others information I eventualy added a Martec cooling kt to the yanmar which converted the boat to indirect cooling. It works well but had to be fitted by the side of the engine.

It took some time to find a UK distributor which is aquafax as Mattec is a sweedish company.
peter lowry
2010-06-15T18:17:07Z
Hi
More information on this would be good

When i thought about changing me engine last year one of my choices was a Beta twin cylinder with indirect cooling so as to fit a calorifer, cost prevailed and i fitted like for like --
yanmar told me it was not possible add a calorifer to a GM 1

Perhaps you would write an article and send to Barbara for the newsletter as many Seals have the GM 1 and i would bet many would like to fit hot water !!

cheers

Peter Lowry
"CLEO" ss26 # 21
DuncanHall
2010-06-16T05:43:19Z
quote:
Originally posted by peter lowry

Hi
More information on this would be good

When i thought about changing me engine last year one of my choices was a Beta twin cylinder with indirect cooling so as to fit a calorifer, cost prevailed and i fitted like for like --
yanmar told me it was not possible add a calorifer to a GM 1

Perhaps you would write an article and send to Barbara for the newsletter as many Seals have the GM 1 and i would bet many would like to fit hot water !!

cheers

Peter Lowry
"CLEO" ss26 # 21

It was very easy to do the conversion kit costs just short of £600 but was well made. It is designed to fit at the rear of the engine over the bell housing. This was not possible on my boat as the engine is a tight fit so I moved it to the side. The water from the thermocouple outlet can then be fed directto the calorifier.

It took half of a day to fit and test out.

It works well but you have to run the engine for about 20 mins to get a decent amount of water but for me thats fine after motoring back to the berth after a run in the Bristol Channel.

Martecs website is http://www.martec.se/ 
you need to press the button marked KYLNINGAR