DuncanHall
2009-11-30T06:00:41Z
Can anyone supply a photo of the connection of the spinica pole to the bow of the boat for a Seal Sinbad. I have scusesfully launched Mañana and have raised the mast but correct connection of the pole is not that clear to me.
Regards

Duncan Hall
Geoff Harwood
2009-11-30T10:23:59Z
I'm not quite sure what you mean by connection to the bow. The pole should attach to a ring on the front of the mast a foot or so above the boom. The guy goes from the windward clew of the kite, through the clip on the end of the pole and back to a block on the quarter behind the sheet winch. The sheet goes from the leeward clew straight back to the other quarter block. The height of the pole is set by the uphaul and downhaul and if they are both led to points above and below the pole ring on the mast thay shouldn't need to be adjusted. There are a few other threads on this forum which give loads of details but here's a pic
UserPostedImage
Geoff Harwood ex Sinbad 287
DuncanHall
2009-11-30T19:43:44Z
Thanks Geoff. I think I have demonstrated the pitfalls of using the incorrect terms!. I meant gow to connect the roller furling drum and forestay