Tim Baldwin
2010-10-01T17:54:11Z
Hi

I am a new member and proud new owner of seal 22 sail no 60. She in great condition being stored under cover most of her time. Name is now Tonic.

I have a number of questions and would love to talk to someone who knows these boats.

One question is can I retrofit an outboard well? Does anyone have any dimensions/instructions/pictures to help me do it?

Cheers Regards javascript:insertsmilie('[:D]')
Tim Baldwin
Geoff Harwood
2010-10-01T20:20:43Z
Have a look at the thread "Fittting an outboard into rear locker on a seal22" a couple of pages back.

Geoff Harwood ex Sinbad 287 Zalophus
Tim Baldwin
2010-10-20T12:40:47Z
Hi Geoff

Thanks very much for this most helpful, I will have a bash when i get round to that on my list! Just completing a ply cover and washboard for the open cockpit. I have a copy of the original drawing for this if there is none on record. My version differs slightly and retains the original canvas cover. Happy to share photos etc, if anyone interested.

Thanks again

Regards Tim
Ray
  • Ray
  • Advanced Member
2011-01-20T20:40:55Z
Tim, I see you have been looking at making a well for the outboard to fit in.

Did you go ahead with it ?.

I am intrested as I thought of doing the same but got put of by the replies I received and the thought of making a hole in the bottom[:)]
By the way it was me who started the last post.

Ray
Tim Baldwin
2011-01-24T11:00:27Z
Hi Ray

I have purchased the technical manual and feel confident that between me and my boat building friend we can make a good job of it. Tonic is afloat at the moment but come the warmer weather I will get her on the trailer and got the job done. Waiting for warmer weather to aid curing etc.

I would still like to see one that's been completed though. I am in Worcestershire but happy to travel if you know where one is.

Regards Tim
smiffy
2011-02-03T20:24:57Z
I have just bought a Seal 22 MK3, that has the usual outboard well in the lazarette locker. She will be in Bideford N. Devon after Saturday, (with a bit of luck)...You are welcome to take measurements from her if you think it will be of any use to you?

Cheers, Ray (Smiffy).

quote:

I would still like to see one that's been completed though. I am in Worcestershire but happy to travel if you know where one is.

Regards Tim

Live like there'll be no tomorrow
Love like you've never been hurt
Dance like nobody's watching
And keep growing older - not up!
Seal 22 MK3 "Morveren" Number 384
(the last one built by John Baker)