NickHP
2012-02-23T14:51:20Z
HSP recommended increased thickness to prevent crazing and thought extra rigidity would mean the window moved less. It hasn't entirely worked and I agree with your reaction. Will report when the job is done and we've had a season's sailing. With 10mm on the port and 12mm on the starboard side I should be a good test bed.

Nick
David Morgan
2013-08-21T10:19:10Z
I used neoprene 3mm tape to rebed the windows 18 months ago but have been very disappointed to find that the windows on the sunny side of the boat has shrivelled up, presumably sun degradation. Has anyone had this experience and any suggestions - I have looked for marine grade neoprene with no success. I thought this job was done for some years, but no it needs action again!

David
David
Graham Ellison
2013-08-24T00:47:49Z
quote:
Originally posted by David Morgan

I used neoprene 3mm tape to rebed the windows 18 months ago but have been very disappointed to find that the windows on the sunny side of the boat has shrivelled up, presumably sun degradation. Has anyone had this experience and any suggestions - I have looked for marine grade neoprene with no success. I thought this job was done for some years, but no it needs action again!

David

Silicone sheet is wonderful David; As I mentioned earlier, I got some from Silex in Bordon (http://www.silex.co.uk/silicone_sheet.html ), 3mm if I recall correctly, and used it as a gasket between coachroof and perspex. I did mine in early 2007, the gaskets are as good as the day I fitted them and they haven't let in a drop since.